• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleverley bepoke shoes for a 3 year old...

shoefan

Reaction score
If you don't know, the shoes are for the son of the owner; it is my guess that Cleverley made them just for fun, as a gift to Tom Park. Also, it looks to me as if they are just the uppers lasted over the last -- there is no picture of a sole/heel. So, aside from carving the last, making these would not be much work; and, given the shoes aren't going to fit anyway (at least for long), making the last perfect wouldn't be required, so probably not too much work in carving the last either.

LynahFaithful

Reaction score
There were comments made about this same subject in another thread too. As with that thread, too many people are too quick to jump on something they don't understand or have any knowledge about. I don't really know enough to comment and probably shouldn't but I'm with Shoefan, this is most likely a gift or being done for free and in my view is a keepsake for Tom. He could even put the shoes out in a permanent display in the store as a conversation piece that ends up being a marketing tool for his Cleverley line.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LynahFaithful
There were comments made about this same subject in another thread too. As with that thread, too many people are too quick to jump on something they don't understand or have any knowledge about. I don't really know enough to comment and probably shouldn't but I'm with Shoefan, this is most likely a gift or being done for free and in my view is a keepsake for Tom. He could even put the shoes out in a permanent display in the store as a conversation piece that ends up being a marketing tool for his Cleverley line.
People are making comments because other people were happy telling everybody these particular shoes were specially made for that 3 year old. boy.. You live by the sword , you will die by the sword... Ego love being stroked but can't stand being criticized... Tough.

Lord-Barrington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is so dumb. I may be dressed to the nines but my kid will be wearing Batman clothing and red rain boots that I bought him at Target. I can't stand kids who are "accessorized" by their parents.

If it's purely a marketing ploy, like those Size 25 shoes that Reebok used to make, than I don't really care.

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
according to the blog The child has already outgrown the shoes. It is done for novelty sake and not for actual wearing.

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, you guys take things way to seriously...
laugh.gif

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Man, you guys take things way to seriously...
laugh.gif

At 2 grands a pair even for a 3 year old , we start taking things seriously...

Stanley the 2nd

Reaction score
Of course, certainly a talking point! Probably an interesting exercise for the shoemaker to make a shoe that small and keep the detail.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
who gives a damn if it cost 10 grand? It's not your money, why care?

I think this is a kinda quirky, extravagant equivalent of the height measures on the door frame at each year. It's cute.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
who gives a damn if it cost 10 grand? It's not your money, why care?

I think this is a kinda quirky, extravagant equivalent of the height measures on the door frame at each year. It's cute.

It's a clothing form where we debate about ....clothes...

A conversation about a subject means different opinions will be presented...

If you're surprised by my statement opting to care about a guy spending 2 or 3 grands on a pair of shoes for a three years old , why do you care about expressing my opinion in the first place

Your reaction is defeating your own point of view...

Live nad let live is great when it is applied acros the line.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix

I suppose, as quirky, extravagant and cute as those little Girls Beauty Pageants.

Skronnie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
It's a clothing form where we debate about ....clothes...

A conversation about a subject means different opinions will be presented...

If you're surprised by my statement opting to care about a guy spending 2 or 3 grands on a pair of shoes for a three years old , why do you care about expressing my opinion in the first place

Your reaction is defeating your own point of view...

Live nad let live is great when it is applied acros the line.

Maybe... if you even knew how much he spent.

cwh812

Reaction score
I was in the RL mansion a few weeks ago and saw a guy with two sons (probably 8 an 10) getting MTM RLPL suits for them. I was floored. The turnaround time is probably much less for a MTM suit (as compared to a bespoke shoe), but they still are going to outgrow them in like 6 months.

Tom, I get that it is a novelty gift, but does you son think he is going to get to wear them?

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like I said, you guys are taking this way too serious...

George Glasgow thought it would be very cute to let my son feel special and get measured for shoes just like his Daddy. My son thought it was cool and had fun having Uncle George measure his feet. George and Teemu, being the nice guys they are, decided to make a mini version of one of my bespoke shoes for my son, just for fun.

Obviously in the time it took to make the last and shoes my growing son had already outgrown them, but it was a heart felt gesture by the Cleverley team. My son was happy and thought it was cool to have a pair of Daddy's shoes for himself.

The shoes now sit in one of my window displays and serves as a cute conversation starter for those who walk by, notice them, and chuckle.

Like I said, you guys are taking this way too seriously.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads