• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

AAJJLLPP

Reaction score
Is it ok to wipe the beeswax with rag and water to get dust n dirt off?
Definitely, I do it all the time with my pair. A wet rag is the most harmless way to clean up your leather shoes (except maybe brushing which doesn't clean as well in my experience). All these leather cleaners that people always use are often complete overkill, unless you are trying to remove layers of wax/coatings.
Can you guys help others by either taking a picture or sending measure of the Total of the sole length from point to point...

For example clarks desert boots size 9 = Sole length 32cm

I think that will help others a lot.

thank you.

Im sorry, but what is to gain from having a list like this? Boot sole length is completely different from the inner dimensions, which are important for sizing. The diagram you have is of a ski boot, which is one of the only instances, I can think of where total length matters. There is a reason boot sole lengths are never really listed on the web. Its superfluous data.

mrcmcklwht

Reaction score
Are there any good/cheap stores in London to buy Clarks, or are the prices the same everywhere? I'm thinking about asking my brother buying a pair for me when going there...

nightic

Reaction score

WestwardDrift

Reaction score
I feel like the odd man out. I was trying on some Clarks Desert Boots last week and found that I had to actually size up half a size. I have a wide foot and found my normal size to be uncomfortably tight. I don't see how so many need to size down.

scoobydrew

Reaction score
Thoughts on black suede desert boots? Would like to get a pair of black boots to wear with black denim.

HollyJoint

Reaction score
anyone have a Clarks Jink?

I'm looking for an alternative to Deser boots for summer.

I will wear with jeans / chinos and shorts.

For the summer and a casual style you advise Jink or Desert London?

Tanks.

Bayouse

Reaction score
Beeswax desert boots with Levis 513 black is a do or a don't ?
1989359.jpg

lakersfan8357

Reaction score
Anyone have any advice on resoling beeswax DBs with a Vibram Cristy outsole?
Any stores/repair shops in NYC?

Would love to have them looking like this, not to mention the added durability in the rain

AAJJLLPP

Reaction score

Anyone have any advice on resoling beeswax DBs with a Vibram Cristy outsole? Any stores/repair shops in NYC? Would love to have them looking like this, not to mention the added durability in the rain
Any decent shoe repair place should be up to the job. I don't understand what you mean by durability in the rain though. You would get better traction, but its not like crepe rubber dissolves away in the rain, or breaks down. Also I think these clarks with ripple soles look sick: http://themidwestyle.com/2012/07/midwestyle-desert-boots-resoled.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads