• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Quinn123

Reaction score
Anyone have any info on the ebony db? Is it the same sizing as other db's? On the uk site it says to order a size bigger.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

better pics of the bloody oak boots

great photos. your shoes look like the desert boot version of red wing gentleman traveler's cherry blacks

b0bbydigital

Reaction score
Finally got my first pair of beeswax desert boots and I am absolutely in love with them...Now I want to get a 2nd pair of desert boots.

For the folks who have owned or do own multiple pairs, which of the suede versions would you get? It's between the Sand, Oakwood, and Taupe colors. Are the Taupe too similar to the beeswax color or are the Sand too light? I'm thinking of going with the Oakwood since they are kinda in the middle but I really wanted to hear people's opinions. What does everyone think would be the best compliment to the beeswax? Thanks!

shnxramen

Reaction score
i would go with either the oakwood or taupe. none of them really look like the beeswax, since they're all suede and the beeswax is leather. i'm personally a fan of the taupe, i think that they distress better than the other types, but oakwood is a very nice color if you take good care of your suede products.

an12

Reaction score
I just received a pair of beeswax desert boots. They fit perfectly without socks, but when wearing socks one of the heels is a little tight on the back of my heel. Will the heels stretch in length at all?

Last edited:

b0bbydigital

Reaction score
i would go with either the oakwood or taupe. none of them really look like the beeswax, since they're all suede and the beeswax is leather. i'm personally a fan of the taupe, i think that they distress better than the other types, but oakwood is a very nice color if you take good care of your suede products.

Thanks for your reply. I ended up going with the oakwood since I wanted something lighter and I am really digging how the oakwoods look. But yea....I'm with you that oakwood suede should be kept clean as possible to make them look nice. I'm sure they'll get dirty fast being suede and all.

Foxtrot56

Reaction score
I have worn my desert boots for about a year now but I have been real careful with them and they aren't worn in too much. Should I treat the leather now? Also what should I treat it with? Going through this thread I can't find any specific product reccomendations. It would be nice if there was a guide somewhere on how much different types would change the color.

aussiejake

Reaction score
Just trying to figure out the sizing, being an Aussie it is difficult to get right as I don't think any shops near me sell them. I'm in east Melbourne, around shopping centres like Knox and Fountain Gate, if any Australians are out there and know of places that stock them.

I'm a size 9 in Vans LPE's, and I can certainly try on some Chuck Taylors which apparently size the same as the Clarks DB? I'm after the beeswax leather colour, do these fit the same as the suede? And do they stretch out?

I'm guessing I'll have to go for either a size 8.5 or 8, not positive which though.

Also interested if anyone has photos of aged grey leather DB's.

triad

Reaction score
^ have u tried upthere store on McKillop street? If I remember correctly they stock clarks desert boots. I don't know how far you are from the city, but I guess it's worth to try, or you can try call them up first. http://www.uptherestore.com

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads