• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

10. I was interested in your navy but I think the burgundy will go better with my wardrobe.

not sure if there are any Nordstrom or Nordstrom Racks in Canada, but I have seen burgundy DB's hit the clearance rack for like 40 bucks. Last time I was there I saw a pair, but they were size 13.

maritimetimetime

Reaction score
so where can i buy those cristy soles at? i can only seem to find them in sizes 10, 12, and 14. are those the only sizes they make for it?

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good shoe cobbler in San Francisco that can resole with the Vibram Christy sole? Looking to get this done soon, Thanks!

calmdc

Reaction score
Bought the beeswax db a month or two ago and proceeded to wear the hell out of them. They were good for the first month, but the sole has either worn or warped to the point that it feels - and looks - like I'm walking on a cut off basket ball. The center of the bottom around the ball of the foot sticks out a good half inch compared to the rest of the sole.

It kind of sucks. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I resole (or can I get away with sanding it down)?

Last edited:

calcuu

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find the answer using the search tool and google searches so bear with me.
I want to know will the sole of the bushacre's will last longer than the crepe soles of the originals? I ask this because I want to use the boots for a longer time without the resole process so any answers will be welcomed!

Another thing is what's the cheapest place that ships to Canada? It seems that good sites such as onlineshoes or zappos doesn't ship to Canada sadly.

phailing101

Reaction score
Hi guys- anyone know where you can buy replacement laces? I have the desert boots in beeswax and my laces are shot.

I've tried to contact the company by email and have received no response.

Thanks

Brattman

Reaction score

Hi guys- anyone know where you can buy replacement laces? I have the desert boots in beeswax and my laces are shot.

I've tried to contact the company by email and have received no response.

Thanks

Let me know if you have any luck with that. As you can see from my post above, I'm in the same boat.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bought the beeswax db a month or two ago and proceeded to wear the hell out of them. They were good for the first month, but the sole has either worn or warped to the point that it feels - and looks - like I'm walking on a cut off basket ball. The center of the bottom around the ball of the foot sticks out a good half inch compared to the rest of the sole.
It kind of sucks. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I resole (or can I get away with sanding it down)?

This never happened to me. When I was in college, before getting a professional job that allowed me to afford better shoes, I wore Clarks DBs for everything. I still wear a pair from time to time when I'm too lazy to get my other shoes. Aside from the crepe sole being stiff and dirty, they are still pretty comfy and usable.

If you're on a budget, I'm still convinced that the best $200 you can spend on versatile shoes would be 2 pairs of Clarks DBs, one in dark brown and one in beeswax. I wore the dark brown pair to numerous interviews.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do the beeswax go with a BLACK peacoat? Reason I ask is because I thought beeswax is like a brown color but I've had people suggest that beeswax goes well with a black coat?

calcuu

Reaction score

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find the answer using the search tool and google searches so bear with me.
I want to know will the sole of the bushacre's will last longer than the crepe soles of the originals? I ask this because I want to use the boots for a longer time without the resole process so any answers will be welcomed!
Another thing is what's the cheapest place that ships to Canada? It seems that good sites such as onlineshoes or zappos doesn't ship to Canada sadly.

still looking for answer please!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads