• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got these boots in Beeswax a couple weeks ago and I must say I like them quite a lot. They start to gain character pretty quickly.
DSC_0258.jpg

keo

Reaction score
i've always wondered how these would fit on my feet. my foot measures out around 4.5 in width LOL. very wide. I usually just wear 11.5 in all my other shoes, so how would i go about doing a pair of db's? Do they stretch at all?

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vvoc
those look really nice...ya the beeswax are def the best style in my opinion...where is the cheapest place to buy a pair currently??

(i have a pair of banana republic bees wax desert boots, but they are a size too big sadly...selling it in B/S section)

I paid retail for them at a Clarks store, from what I've read you basically have to get lucky to get them cheap. I think one of the ways to save on them though was when BR was giving out coupons for like 25-40% off regular priced items. I know a few people who snagged them for a really good price that way

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dont ever pay retail for clarks, there are a lot of stores that have coupon codes that sell clarks....just look at how many have been posted over the past few pages

JoeRogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^My problem was finding a store that carried them in store, had my size, and had a decent coupon. No one around me ever had them in stock.

keo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Radagast
I have wide feet. Typically wear a US 11 - 11.5 in sneakers, US 10.5 to 11 in dress shoes. My desert boots are a US 10 and they are the widest feeling shoe I own.

sounds like me. I'll take your word for it. Thanks!

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeRogan
^My problem was finding a store that carried them in store, had my size, and had a decent coupon. No one around me ever had them in stock.

if u live in the U.S., just order them online if u actually want to save money

online stores have the best deals

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Yamas
Anyone know how to get a grease stain out of suede clarks? I had a piece of food fall. I tried a suede eraser to no avail...

You're screwed. Luckily Clark's are cheap as chips.

maritimetimetime

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NinjaPirate
i'm thinking of buying a pair of clarks desert boots (beeswax), and was wondering how its sole holds up in icy/wet weather. it looks flat, and i'm concerned that these shoes might be slippery. anyone had any experience with this?

also, any recommendations on their sizing? are they true to size, bigger, smaller? by how much?

i wouldnt recommend them for rain/snow, i was wearing them today and i couldnt count the number of times i almost slipped cause of the soles

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a better picture of the Oakwood and Taupe colors? Want a pair that will work with black pants/denim but also be versatile enough to go with khakis. Any other color suggestions?

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
Anyone have a better picture of the Oakwood and Taupe colors? Want a pair that will work with black pants/denim but also be versatile enough to go with khakis. Any other color suggestions?

Someone here posted their oakwood (the color I also have).

IMG_0061.jpg

They go great with denim and alright with chinos. I think taupe might be a bit better for chinos though oakwoods are fine too.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarksdb
Someone here posted their oakwood (the color I also have).

IMG_0061.jpg

They go great with denim and alright with chinos. I think taupe might be a bit better for chinos though oakwoods are fine too.

Nice. Proof that DBs just get better looking the older and more beat-up they get.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads