• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andysrus
This could be a dumb question, but I was in a banana republic today and they had DBs in what the girl working there told me were beeswax. They didn't have my size in there so I walked next door to the actual Clark's store and found a pair of what the guy there said were beeswax. The thing is though the ones at the Clarks store seemed lighter in color that the ones at BR and I was wondering if it'd be possible that BR for some reason gets a darker beeswax color or perhaps if it was just that one pair. Does BR have their own color that might be darker than the ones you can buy from clarks?

might just be from a different batch of shoes. when i was on vacation in england, i stopped by a clarks store and ordered some shoes that were on sale (they didn't have my size in) and when they came in, they were a slightly different color brown than the ones they had up on the shelves.

xM.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
Btw, I would love to see pics of beeswax after the Obenauf's conditioning. Mine will need it eventually and I'm curious what to expect.
I was in a rush so here are some pretty bad pictures of mine. They were worn, all-season, for about a year-year and a half. Treated with a coat of Obenaufs last week and another yesterday morning.
30bmbva.jpg
10p90sn.jpg
They're maybe a bit lighter in person but that's about what they look like.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thx, xM., for the useful pics! Much appreciated...

Wow, the Obenauf's darken them a lot. Everywhere, but especially around the welt. I think I would miss the characteristic colors of the original beeswax when broken in--the several shades of brown and red and rust.

Since the Obenauf's was recently applied I know that the dark, almost wet look of the leather will mellow a bit with wear. But judging by other boots I've used Obenaufs on, it won't mellow much. For the price point, I may just wear my beeswax into the ground and forego treatment altogether. If in 18 months I still love them as much as I do now, I'll just get another pair and start over.

By the way, they kind of look like kudu leather (post-treatment)

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What colors/style of Clarks are the most versetaile? I have a pair of beesewax already...sand suede or grey? Mostly weaing cords and darker skinny jeans.

Andysrus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
40% off one item at banana republic. Get yourself some cheap desert boots.

DLZGB71BVXD1

this code is now expired, but ONEDAY30 gets you 30% off at banana republic today only (including DBs)

graphicd

Reaction score
Here's another one-time use for 40% off: [COUPON USED, SORRY]

Please reply if you use it so others know it's no longer up for grabs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads