• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Lsmoke13

Reaction score
OK, found the right thread...anways

I usually wear a size 14 in sneakers, would a size 13 DB fit me?

I have size 14 beeswax right now and its about half a size too big. even with an insole an two pairs of socks my foot sort of shifts in them a little

I feel a 13 beeswax would be half a size too small but snug and my foot would eventually morph them enough to be comfortable.

What do you guys think?

scribbles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lsmoke13
OK, found the right thread...anways

I usually wear a size 14 in sneakers, would a size 13 DB fit me?

I have size 14 beeswax right now and its about half a size too big. even with an insole an two pairs of socks my foot sort of shifts in them a little

I feel a 13 beeswax would be half a size too small but snug and my foot would eventually morph them enough to be comfortable.

What do you guys think?

I think you don't really have a choice. There is no 13.5, so you're either stuck with shoes that are too big even with insoles and 2 pairs of socks (that sounds like a whole size to me, any ridiculously uncomfortable) or shoes that may be a bit snug but are made out of thin leather that will stretch. What size do you wear in Sperry? I wear a 14 in Nike, but a 13 in Sperry A/O's and Clark's DB fits me well

Flight Bird

Reaction score
I got my brown leather Desert Boots yesterday and I love 'em to death (if you don't have them BUY THEM NOW DAMMIT) they go with everything casual that I love to wear. My brand new Petit Standards look great with them, cuffed or otherwise. My only gripe is the blisters I'm getting on my heels. I tried wearing thicker, cashmere socks, but it's no use.

Help?

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flight Bird
I got my brown leather Desert Boots yesterday and I love 'em to death (if you don't have them BUY THEM NOW DAMMIT) they go with everything casual that I love to wear. My brand new Petit Standards look great with them, cuffed or otherwise. My only gripe is the blisters I'm getting on my heels. I tried wearing thicker, cashmere socks, but it's no use.

Help?

Try these

http://www.drscholls.com/drscholls/p...p&searchArg=44

Lsmoke13

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scribbles
I think you don't really have a choice. There is no 13.5, so you're either stuck with shoes that are too big even with insoles and 2 pairs of socks (that sounds like a whole size to me, any ridiculously uncomfortable) or shoes that may be a bit snug but are made out of thin leather that will stretch. What size do you wear in Sperry? I wear a 14 in Nike, but a 13 in Sperry A/O's and Clark's DB fits me well
I wear a 14 in Nikes (in addition to adidas, puma, new balance), at least in the one pair that i have, as well but as far as Sperry goes I'm not sure since I don't have a pair of those.

The shoe honestly is not that bad though my foot slides (doesnt cause any pain). I really like the look of these shoes, the beeswax in particular, so I'd really like to get a version of the shoe that fits like a glove that ive heard people rave about.

Some guy in the early pages of this large thread said he normally wears a 14 and got a 13 DB that was stiff at first but now fits comfortably so I'll give it a shot.

I think I'll order a 13 off zappos, see how it fits and if it's not any better then I'll return them for a refund thanks to their generous return policy.

LucasCLarson

Reaction score
I normally wear a size 9 or 9.5 in sneakers.

I have a pair of distressed desert boots in 8 and they fit absolutely perfect. The first week was a bit rough (while they were getting worked in), but now they one of the my most comfortable and heaviest-worn pairs of shoes (among chucks, vans and a pair of Nike cortez).

As far as the quality is concerned. They are holding up quite well for me. I know they aren't made the way the used to be, but I haven't had a problem yet. I have worn them about 2 or 3 days out of the week for the last couple of months; I average around 3 to 4 miles of walking/day. My only real issue has been the crepe sole. It still has a lot of life left, but it is certainly going faster than the rest of the boot.

a-rock

Reaction score
PSA: 30% off at BR + free ship ($100+) for today only. 25% off tomorrow. 2 days only...

BRSPECIAL is the code

Clarks DBs are avail thats why I posted here.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by a-rock
PSA: 30% off at BR + free ship ($100+) for today only. 25% off tomorrow. 2 days only... BRSPECIAL is the code Clarks DBs are avail thats why I posted here.
I was going to post this also. They have beeswax, brown suede, black and taupe suede. Good deal as the price comes down to $67.

graphicd

Reaction score
PSA: 30% off at BR + free ship ($100+) for today only. 25% off tomorrow. 2 days only...

BRSPECIAL is the code

Used this to buy two pairs of taupe... returning whichever one doesn't fit me as well.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BRSPECIAL is the code

Thanks! I should be receiving some new beeswax in 5-7 days.

wcarson89

Reaction score
BR is running a 40% off 2 items today only if you're on their emal list. It is an individualized coupon code otherwise I would post. I ordered the black and brown suede DBs for $130 shipped.

slappy

Reaction score
Ah shipping and tax amount to 14 dollars. Shoes are 71 dollars with that code, eh a decent discount but not as great as I was thinknig. Im going to hold off, though I do want some beeswax. I have a suede pair which are nice but as its been raining here recently they arent really suitable.

MaxHeadroom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LucasCLarson
As far as the quality is concerned. They are holding up quite well for me. I know they aren't made the way the used to be, but I haven't had a problem yet. I have worn them about 2 or 3 days out of the week for the last couple of months; I average around 3 to 4 miles of walking/day. My only real issue has been the crepe sole. It still has a lot of life left, but it is certainly going faster than the rest of the boot.

Something I thought about a while back.

I really like the look of them, but they didn't seem to be a very robust shoe.

Clarks shoes made in China nowadays I think.

So, are they still the best? Or do other manufacturers make something like this but with better quality (i.e. longer lasting) materials?

Clarks may be the originals, but nowadays they might just be resting on their laurels with brand recognition taking precedence over quality...

slappy

Reaction score
Definitely higher quality options out there, however they cost significantly more. Clarks are still made pretty well from what I can tell and at the price they are hard to beat, plus they have the original cool factor going for them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads