• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Church's Lamport

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Are you a crazy person? I'm new here.

oh, i'm sorry. i didn't know you wanna keep your flat feet. health has nothing to do with being new to a discussion forum, imo.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have flat feet and wear an insole with most shoes.

Would love to hear of a cure ...

something like this

regular.jpg

Last edited:

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ducc

Reaction score

oh, i'm sorry. i didn't know you wanna keep your flat feet. health has nothing to do with being new to a discussion forum, imo.

I think I understand. You're not crazy, so much as "can't communicate". So how about I rephrase your contribution to this thread? After doing some research on flat feet, this is what I'm assuming you're trying to say.

Dearest Ducc,

I believe flat feet are typically caused by poor exercise of the foot muscles, leading to a collapsed arch. If you exercise your feet, you can strengthen your foot muscles and cure your flat feet.

Sincerely,
fritzl

That's very kind of you to point out, fritzl. However, it appears my condition is genetic, not behavioral. My feet are quite strong. I walk several miles a day in shoes without an arch, and I don't have a problem. The only time my feet hurt is when I wear shoes that put unwanted pressure on my arch.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ducc

Reaction score
I spent a ridiculous amount of time researching plain, cap-toe shoes before I bought these. Somehow, StyleForum posts came up often, so I thought this was the place to post more data.

So that's the point of the thread. More data. Let the thread die, and it'll still come up in Google. Good enough for me.

Also, thanks NORE and Kaplan and Northampton Novice, for the comments. As a seasoned Internet user, I shouldn't have been distracted by the trolls. But I did.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

As a seasoned Internet user, I shouldn't have been distracted by the trolls. But I did.

you're the troll, period.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fritzl, I don't think I've ever read a shoe-based thread on SF where you don't try to start a fight. You have a wealth of knowledge to offer, but your attitude makes you look like a massive dick.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl, I don't think I've ever read a shoe-based thread on SF where you don't try to start a fight. You have a wealth of knowledge to offer, but your attitude makes you look like a massive dick.

well, taking care of this man's health makes me a dick? you're very welcome. many thanks.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

you're proud of flat feet?

because you said so and you're insisting that flat feet are a given thing that has to be accepted.

you don't :foo:

well, not exactly...

you're the troll, period.

Please, highlight any post where you offered advice, added something constructive or said anything other than words designed to start a fight. I would like to believe that you're better than this, but it is a worrying trend recently...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Please, highlight any post where you offered advice, added something constructive or said anything other than words designed to start a fight. I would like to believe that you're better than this, but it is a worrying trend recently...

well, there's a saying in my country. wie man in den wald hineinruft, so hallt es zurück, something like: how you shout out into the woods, it will come back. the other one is: if you shout out, you should be able to stand/handle the echo, right? this guy refused to take advice so he didn't receive one. if, one plays it nice, e.g. glenjay, burton, northhampton novice, sstomcat, just to name a few, he will get an answer. if you act like a tool, you won't. pretty easy, its like irl when in a face to face situation, right?

besides, there's a lot of drum beating around these places - agreed, not from the op - whilst almost all of this people are pretty clueless, they act like big stars. well, i don't see too much harm to tickle them a bit, right?

SHS

Reaction score

I spent a ridiculous amount of time researching plain, cap-toe shoes before I bought these. Somehow, StyleForum posts came up often, so I thought this was the place to post more data.
So that's the point of the thread. More data. Let the thread die, and it'll still come up in Google. Good enough for me.
Also, thanks NORE and Kaplan and Northampton Novice, for the comments. As a seasoned Internet user, I shouldn't have been distracted by the trolls. But I did.
¨

I was looking for pictures of the shoe in question. Your post helped me, so thank you for that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads