• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Church's Appreciation Thread

EnglishShoes

Reaction score
The shoes look great - love that colour.

Some people have high arches which can lead to a gaping oxford closure, so might not need to go wider if the rest of the shoe fits well IMO.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How is the fit? It looks like you could use wider shoes.

Hello

I do have high arch but that gap looks like that because those pictures where taken the first 10 minutes of the shoes in my feet, the leather is thick so it will have to mould as the cork footbed will also do. Anyway no pain for my feet after 12 hours of use.

I have a pair of AE Park Ave that shown a very big lacing gap, after 6 wears they look OK (I almost returned them but a post about this matter from The Shoe Snob made me rethink it).

mco543

Reaction score
Anyone know what model these are?

randan

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question, but is the Church's Sahara discontinued? I am looking either for the brown version with the crepe or leahter sole and the natural midsole but cannot find it anywhere (besides occassionally on Ebay.)

Tramtrist

Reaction score
Finally posting the full grain Measham Betis pics I promised months ago. Sorry for the long delay. <m(__)m>

Last night I also purchased 2 Derby shoes from Cheaney due to the 25% off sale on their website... Pretty excited.

tightfist

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I have come across some church's Newarks at significant discount. I gather it is a discontinued model and I can't find any information on it. Anyone know if this is corrected grain/polished binder?

EnglishShoes

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I have come across some church's Newarks at significant discount. I gather it is a discontinued model and I can't find any information on it. Anyone know if this is corrected grain/polished binder?

Herring have an old page for that model:
http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/product-info.php?brandid=4&shoeid=9702

LastChurch 103 Last / country

OriginUK

CategoryChurch Custom Grade
Church Newark is a classic country brogue in the lovely rich burgundy cordovan rois leather.

Not sure what rois leather is though.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great. No one seems to like the binder, lol. Yet, I see they move fast online, especially with more expensive styles like Burwood .. Must be that 99% of the buyers out there is completely unaware of that leather shitness ..

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always take my shity bookbinder old churchs to pub crawl in bad weather, and I love them Nikola. They are shiny **** kickers that need almost no maintenance. I might be the only one in this forum who has nice words about this specific CG. Ahh, and it shines more that shell, jajaja,

Chowkin

Reaction score

I always take my shity bookbinder  old churchs to pub crawl in bad weather, and I love them Nikola. They are shiny **** kickers that need almost no maintenance.  I might be the only one in this forum who has nice words about this specific CG.  Ahh, and it shines more that shell, jajaja,  

Zapasman, you are not alone. I have a pair of black Consul in bookbinder which I wear on business trips - they look good after a wipe with a damp cloth
1f602.png

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads