• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chopped (Food Network Show)

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I watch it, they do put some wacky ingredients together. It's nice when someone combines something in a new and unexpected way that makes me want to try it out.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MrsG and I are fans. I like to cook, but I've never really enjoyed cooking shows. Chopped is the first one I've ever gotten into. It's incredible to me that those chefs can come up with something edible, let alone delicious, with some of the ingredients they're given. It's even more impressive given the time constraints.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Starting last night, they are doing the Chopped All Stars tournament. Pretty excited to see the food network hosts on there as well as some of the typical chopped judges.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Oh God. I hate it.

Swiss cheese, arctic char, and Funyuns have no business hanging out together on the same plate.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do watch the show, but I often have reservations about the end results of the contestants' dishes for the reason that StephenHero mentioned.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the few Food Network shows I like. I know some people that were contestants, and they really are good cooks.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw an episode while I was getting my hair cut and while it was a bit entertaining I thought it was pretty stupid.

First, giving complete mystery ingredients to chefs seems silly. Someone is bound to ******* up which I guess makes for good TV but not serious cooking (any chef would experiment with an ingredient before trying to win a competition without knowing how much it is even supposed to be cooked). This isn't like mystery main ingredients where they don't know until the timer starts that they will be getting clams and and a pork loin...it is random ass **** that I have never heard of.

Second...deciding the winner off the dessert course made me unhappy. It seems to me that a lot of chefs leave desserts to a pastry chef or a baker who has a very different set of skills. I tend to not be super into restaurant desserts...I would probably be even less into them if they were made by the same guy who came up with my 1st and 2nd courses. Sure it is a measure of well roundedness but I'd prefer a chef who excels at the main course to a chef who is simply not the worst of the 3 remaining people but has a better dessert. The guy with the killer main courses can always acknowledge his weakness and hire a baller pastry chef.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Chopped All Stars tonight had Claire Robinson on. She has a strangely gangly face but I still
inlove.gif
her.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find her voice to be too gruff.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah he is, and last nights episode was the first I've watched but it was intense. Didn't see the end, only saw up until when Claire Robison got eliminated during the venison challenge.

Haha, venison with fruit loops. Better than canned haggis I guess.

Does anyone else like Duff? He was coming up with some crazy stuff on the episode of Iron Chef America I saw him on.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Does anyone else like Duff? He was coming up with some crazy stuff on the episode of Iron Chef America I saw him on.
He's one of the many reasons I no longer watch the Food Network.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads