• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charvet stitch question....

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many stitches per inch or per cm charvet uses? odd question i know but i found a charvet shirt in a box that ive never worn. needs to be taken in and Id prefer the stitching match as close as possible.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
take out a magnifying glass and start counting.

i doubt that your local tailor will match exactly.
charvet may be sewing with silk. thread. I dooubt your tailor has the same quality of thread

but who is checking out your seams?

Last edited:

arodriguez

Reaction score
I believe it is 20 stitches per inch for maximum durability. When it comes to tailoring clothes, stitching makes a big difference!

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
well I told a tailor i wanted it to match, but it didnt even come close. Id really like to have the most info available to give him. (i have a new tailor now)

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

take out a magnifying glass and start counting.

i doubt that your local tailor will match exactly.
charvet may be sewing with silk. thread. I dooubt your tailor has the same quality of thread

but who is checking out your seams?

hahaha. dont put that past me. ;)

doesnt have to be exact, but close.

Im checking my seams. ;) ill have to snap a pic of the shirt cuffs im wearing today. its pretty awful. My new tailor does better work, and i dont mind too much on cheaper shirts. But id prefer my charvet be taken well care of.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
do you realize how skilled the workers are at Charvet?
all they do is make shirts of that quality.

I really doubt that your local tailor will turn and stitch the seams the same way.
He may not even have the proper sewing foot for this.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

do you realize how skilled the workers are at Charvet?
all they do is make shirts of that quality.

I really doubt that your local tailor will turn and stitch the seams the same way.
He may not even have the proper sewing foot for this.

I

Im not looking for a tailor to perfectly replicate a charvet shirt for me. I think you are misinterpreting what im asking. The current shirt i have on for instance had the sleeves slimmed. the stitching on the cuff is easily twice as thick with thicker thread as well. Its VISIBLY noticeable from a distance.

Last edited:

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I

Im not looking for a tailor to perfectly replicate a charvet shirt for me. I think you are misinterpreting what im asking. The current shirt i have on for instance had the sleeves slimmed. the stitching on the cuff is easily twice as thick with thicker thread as well. Its VISIBLY noticeable from a distance.

have you not read my responses?

your tailor is not a shirtmaker!
why are charvet shirts so expensive?
because they are made better then almost all RTW shirts

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

have you not read my responses?

your tailor is not a shirtmaker!
why are charvet shirts so expensive?
because they are made better then almost all RTW shirts

I really think there is some confusion to our conversation.
-my tailor is a shirtmaker actually. but this is a moot point.
-I know why charvet shirts are expensive
-in know they are made better.

none of these are excuses as to why a tailor or a shirtmaker cant do a better job with the stitching than my last tailor did. Not asking for him to do charvet quality work, just BETTER THAN MY LAST TAILOR DID.

i think if i showed you the mess my old tailor made of the shirt im wearing my question may make more sense to you. allow me to reiterate again.....I need shirt taken in. would like the stitching to look better than what i had done by my old tailor. I do not expect him to make me a charvet quality shirt. I would like him to do a better job than my old tailor. allow me to add when he worked on my trousers, he made a comment about how many stitches per inch he would set the machine on. I figured this would be a good bit of information to have if available.

I didnt think this was an unreasonable request or question.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiotensive