• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Tyrwhitt Sportcoats

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever purchased a sportcoat from Charles Tyrwhitt?

An SFer suggest Charles Tyrwhitt to me and they are having some good sales. I've never tried any of their products on, nor am I familiar with the construction. Therefor I'm not sure I can justify spending the money on any of their products.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if they are half canvassed or fully fused. They feature a "floating canvas chest piece", but fully fused jackets do have a chest piece anyways, so I think it's just a gimmick. They sell for retail (€500+) at the Madrid store so I haven't even bothered looking...

I love their shirts though :)

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a few SC and Suits; they are half canvas with some nice details like working cuffs. Personally I feel the same about their suits as I do about their shirts; incredibly good value at the lowest end of the spectrum, but will never replace something much more expensive.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a few SC and Suits; they are half canvas with some nice details like working cuffs. Personally I feel the same about their suits as I do about their shirts; incredibly good value at the lowest end of the spectrum, but will never replace something much more expensive.
I do like the styling. It's hard to find a good value sport coat under $400.

ap10046

Reaction score

+1

ap10046

Reaction score

At price point - they are probably one of the most affordable online mtm out there - and of the better ones.

I completely agree..I wear my CT fitted navy sportcoat much more than any of my other "proper" branded ones!

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of the fall stuff looks really nice.

Everything is always listed as 50% off, though. I wish they'd drop that gimmick.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything is always listed as 50% off, though. I wish they'd drop that gimmick.
Agreed. Even though a lot of their stuff is pretty decent, I just think of Joseph A. Bank marketing gimmicks with this "always on sale" thing. No one is going to pay $160 for one of their shirts.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I think Jones has got confused, to my knowledge they dont offer MTM. Having said that, if they did, I'm sure it would be a rather good offering.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Some good pricing. I may try one.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they don't do any MTM.

I may buy one of the donegal or other wool sport coats listed on the site now. Trying to figure out how versatile these lighter grey donegals can be.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good to know. Was about to pull the trigger on something. So even though they claim retail is $600 the sport coats are always around $300?

Agreed. Even though a lot of their stuff is pretty decent, I just think of Joseph A. Bank marketing gimmicks with this "always on sale" thing. No one is going to pay $160 for one of their shirts.
Please don't associate CT with JOB. Makes me nervous to purchase anything from them now... ;)

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to know. Was about to pull the trigger on something. So even though they claim retail is $600 the sport coats are always around $300?
Please don't associate CT with JOB. Makes me nervous to purchase anything from them now...
wink.gif

I'm not comparing the quality of CT and JAB, just the marketing practices. CT is slightly better in that the "sales" prices are somewhat consistent, instead of varying week-to-week like JAB. So that $300 on-sale sportcoat is likely always on sale for $300.

Occasionally, CT does actually have clearance sales, usually just on their shirts and ties. You have to be careful, because, while some of the prices are decent ($29 to $39 per shirt, $30 per tie), some of them are still pretty high (in the $60 range), and actually worse than the normal price of 4 for $199. Also, if you look around on the internet, you can almost always find some kind of coupon code for $39 per shirt with no minimum purchase amount. The current promotion is through the Wall Street Journal.

TomTom

Reaction score

Agreed...I have been their customer for a number of years and can't complain. My favourite jacket for spring and summer is one of their linen/wool striped boating blazers I bought years ago and it still looks new. Great quality,good prices..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads