• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Woowon

Reaction score
Planning to order some of the Cavour Sartoria oxford shirts. How do they fit? Does anyone know how they compare to Drake’s? I usually go for 15.75 with Drake’s so was thinking 40 in Cavour. Thanks!

Last edited:

LikoZ

Reaction score
Which penny loafers would you prefer:
Cavour
Morjas (suede)
C&J Boston
other?

I am looking for the sleek look, while not standing out too much.

thanks

SuaveStyle

Reaction score
I have the black Utah calf penny loafers on the rubber sole and have been really impressed by their construction. I also feel like the last is a good in between on not being too sleek while also not having a casual rounded toe. I have the nautilus loafer in suede, as well, and the suede is great quality. I would say they’re similar in quality/construction to my Lof &Tung loafers, which is excellent imo. The only other loafer I have is Carmina in suede, which I would say would be one step up higher in finishing and leather quality. However, if you can get the Cavour on sale I think it’s truly hard to beat at that price point and I recommend their footwear to people all the time.

LikoZ

Reaction score
I have the black Utah calf penny loafers on the rubber sole and have been really impressed by their construction. I also feel like the last is a good in between on not being too sleek while also not having a casual rounded toe. I have the nautilus loafer in suede, as well, and the suede is great quality. I would say they’re similar in quality/construction to my Lof &Tung loafers, which is excellent imo. The only other loafer I have is Carmina in suede, which I would say would be one step up higher in finishing and leather quality. However, if you can get the Cavour on sale I think it’s truly hard to beat at that price point and I recommend their footwear to people all the time.
The almond shape looks really nice and neat. I am still considering the Morjas dark suede though...

Do you know when do they usually go on sale? I am waiting for quite some time and same price...

hysteria

Reaction score
Cavour
Morjas (suede)
C&J Boston
other?

thanks

It's all about fit.
I have the CJ Boston, which is nice, but doesn't fit me well and have been trying to sell it.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cavour
Morjas (suede)
C&J Boston
other?

thanks
Many brands offer different lasts/ models for loafers. But comparing Morjas to C&J in therms of quality is like comparing an Aston Martin to Chevrolet

Aquafortis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cavour
Morjas (suede)
C&J Boston
other?

thanks
Bontoni Pricipe, which, unfortunately, Cavour no longer stocks.

BB_Adept

Reaction score
I am thinking about giving Cavour a try and plan on buying a sports coat off of their current sale. I own a single spier Mackay sports coat in size 54 EU which has a decent enough fitand I think I will order a size 56 from Cavour. According to their sizing chart size 54 only offers a 47.5 cm shoulder width which is definitely too small. The 123cm chest might be a bit too large though, the waist will definitely be too large. Any experiences from a weight lifter trying Cavour? I weigh around 94-95kg on 182cm.

louisvien

Reaction score
Hello @kevinsvindland

I have question on the sizing of mod 3 trousers, I always wear 46 on mod 2. But comparing the size chart, I see the waist size of mod 3 trouser in 46 only around 76.5, while mod 2 is 80.5. Should I go up to 48 on mod 3?

Rolf

Reaction score
Hello @kevinsvindland

I have question on the sizing of mod 3 trousers, I always wear 46 on mod 2. But comparing the size chart, I see the waist size of mod 3 trouser in 46 only around 76.5, while mod 2 is 80.5. Should I go up to 48 on mod 3?

Not Kevin, but I use the same size for both - with mod 3 being more generous in the seat and thighs especially.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone please do a man a solid and spare him having to sleuth: help me get the bonus stuff.
1. What's the difference between issued/saved bonus?
2. Does either expire?
3. Perhaps the stupidest of the trio, is this USD I'm looking at IRT bonus (issued and saved)?

I ask 3 because once upon a way back (not via Cavour), I was thrilled to basically fund an entire suit purchase with points...only to find out the dollars accrued were of the Hong Kong varietal :rotflmao:

MrNestor

Reaction score
Haha, what a dissapointment for you.

My bonus is in the currency I pay with, SEK, if it's any help.
Since it is 5% out of what you shopped for during a timeperiod it should be simple to deduce for you.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member