• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On the case.

Dogs-bloodhounds-humans-scent-tracking.jpg

caenorst

Reaction score
I have a question! The production moved to china which means less production cost, faster production of products etc. The fabrics that are used are cheaper ones,like Abraham moon etc and not Loro Piana for example but the prices are increased.
2 years ago I bought a blazer with Loro piana’s pecora nera fabric which is an expensive fabric and the full price was around 850-900.
With today’s prices in the site this blazer should be around 1500.
Where is the question?

DonNick94

Reaction score
Where is the question?
Sorry I thought that was sooooo obvious. The question is why the prices increased when the production costs decreased that much. For sure Cavour has a very very good quality for RTW but why I have to choose Cavour over suitsupply for example?
They both MIC but a Cavour blazer costs 1000 euros while the SS costs 400.
The Cavour uses Abraham moon for example and the Suitsupply uses VBC which for my opinion are more expensive fabric. Both are canvased etc etc.
Note that I own lots of items from Cavour(blazers shirts knitwear)and nothing from Suitsupply.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry I thought that was sooooo obvious. The question is why the prices increased when the production costs decreased that much. For sure Cavour has a very very good quality for RTW but why I have to choose Cavour over suitsupply for example?
They both MIC but a Cavour blazer costs 1000 euros while the SS costs 400.
The Cavour uses Abraham moon for example and the Suitsupply uses VBC which for my opinion are more expensive fabric. Both are canvased etc etc.
Note that I own lots of items from Cavour(blazers shirts knitwear)and nothing from Suitsupply.

Our production cost did not lower moving to China, at the time it was about the same price. But the product and consistency is far superior to that of our former Napolitan manufacturer.

The price of transport is obviously much higher, given the huge increase in distance. Italian/English fabrics, transported to China, ready goods from china to Norway.

And not to mention the increases of logistics in general, due to shortage of vessels and high demand.

Then on top of that the prices of fabrics have increased by 20-40% across the board over a rather short period of time.

Comparing to Suitsupply is not really that useful. They make a half canvas product, we make fully canvassed with loads of hand made steps.

And of course currency fluctuations play no small part in it.

Last edited:

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks nice - has the fit changed?

No significant changes.

The main line shirts have a slightly tuned up collar, But fit is the same.

Premium shirts are a new addition, with a new spread collar.

Sartoria shirts are a slightly tuned fit overall, with a higher level of finish. But sizing is the same as before.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics