• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Model 4 Suit/Jacket

Based on the Model 2 pattern, but with a lightly padded shoulder, heavier canvas and slightly lower closing button.
A slightly more formal sibling to our popular Model 2 Jacket.

(Also available in a small run of longer sizes)

Will this style be available for SCs as well?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland can you drop fabric details (or add to the new listings) when able?
All is actually in the product files.
Just need the nerds to make it appear on the screen.
So will be up asap..

(Or I will have to spend a days work doing it all manually..)#FML

Tweeds are mostly Moon(330-360g), three of them are Lovat (450g)

The Donegal houndstooth is from Leomaster. (Weight slippes my mind)

Flannels are woven for us in Huddersfield. (330g) Suits and trousers.

Chalkstripe suit is also Moon,
(400-ish g)

Other suits are a mix of VBC and Cavour exclusives (all around 280-300g)

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nerds-shouts.gif

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

camez_

Reaction score
All is actually in the product files.
Just need the nerds to make it appear on the screen.
So will be up asap..

(Or I will have to spend a days work doing it all manually..)#FML

Tweeds are mostly Moon(330-360g), three of them are Lovat (450g)

The Donegal houndstooth is from Leomaster. (Weight slippes my mind)

Flannels are woven for us in Huddersfield. (330g) Suits and trousers.

Chalkstripe suit is also Moon,
(400-ish g)

Other suits are a mix of VBC and Cavour exclusives (all around 280-300g)

great selection as usual!

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Manish Puri included Cavour in his article on Permanent Style today.
Looks like it may answer many questions regarding how our product compares to other brands in a similar price range.

https://www.permanentstyle.com/2023/08/five-good-ready-made-suits-under-1000.html

I also recently came across this one by Derek Guy for Mr.Porter, which seems quite relevant as well:

https://www.mrporter.com/en-jp/jour...st-tailor-half-fully-canvassed-price-24263946
And for everyone, and as a reminder I have reviews of every single one of those brands (except Berg & Berg).

AFrenchGuy

Reaction score
I really like this idea!
However, and this is just my opinion, but what could be very interesting would be to have 2 types of cut: a very Italian cut for the summer, with a 3 roll 2, a unstructured shoulder, etc, as is currently the case, and a more English cut for the winter with a more structured jacket, two buttons (so no 3 roll 2), etc. That would be more in line with the season, I think, even if I know that Cavour remains a brand with a real appeal for Italian style.

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Model 4 Suit/Jacket

Based on the Model 2 pattern, but with a lightly padded shoulder, heavier canvas and slightly lower closing button.
A slightly more formal sibling to our popular Model 2 Jacket.

(Also available in a small run of longer sizes)

I'm liking this direction, Cavour. I've been scouting for a lightly padded shoulder to formalize things a bit. The extras are definitely a draw: 3r2, lower buttoning point. I see you're offering long sizes, but please tell me these come with the Mod 3 trousers.

jsong812

Reaction score
Manish Puri included Cavour in his article on Permanent Style today.
Looks like it may answer many questions regarding how our product compares to other brands in a similar price range.

https://www.permanentstyle.com/2023/08/five-good-ready-made-suits-under-1000.html

I also recently came across this one by Derek Guy for Mr.Porter, which seems quite relevant as well:

https://www.mrporter.com/en-jp/jour...st-tailor-half-fully-canvassed-price-24263946
I’ve noticed Manish sized up for his jacket. Is this what you typically recommend? I’m a 38US but and the 48 is just a tad small on the shoulders, armholes and chest but I’m afraid ill be swimming in a 50. Thanks

St1X

Reaction score
I’ve noticed Manish sized up for his jacket. Is this what you typically recommend? I’m a 38US but and the 48 is just a tad small on the shoulders, armholes and chest but I’m afraid ill be swimming in a 50. Thanks
As long as you have a good fit in shoulders taking in the rest is not an issue. So yeah, you should size up

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As long as you have a good fit in shoulders taking in the rest is not an issue. So yeah, you should size up
I've been wondering about this, too, as a number of Cavour consumers in this thread have noted the slimmer shoulders as compared to other brands in the same size. I'm looking to dip my toe in the Cavour sportcoat/suiting world, yet the slim shoulders give me some pause.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads