• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

A.D.

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on denim with tailored jackets?

That looks great.

I’m glad I do like jeans with tailoring, because in my context nothing else really feels grounded. If I wore gray trousers and and a finer shirt with my jackets, I would feel so alien to my semi-rural village that it might as well be a space suit.

Last edited:

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Cavour, but I am not sure the quality of shoes from cavour should have a starting price much higher than that. 8000+ kr is way overpriced.
Those are white label shoes from a company that makes an incredible shoe for the value. That price is crazy low and worth well more.

awf

Reaction score
Those are white label shoes from a company that makes an incredible shoe for the value. That price is crazy low and worth well more.

My bad I guess. I bought cavour black oxfords a couple of years ago and was very underwhelmed. I haven't really been looking for an explanation for the recent price spikes, but it seems excessive to me unless the quality has improved drastically.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My bad I guess. I bought cavour black oxfords a couple of years ago and was very underwhelmed. I haven't really been looking for an explanation for the recent price spikes, but it seems excessive to me unless the quality has improved drastically.
My guess is that those were GYW most likely from a Spanish factory. Their current lineup are handwelted from Chinese company

awf

Reaction score
My guess is that those were GYW most likely from a Spanish factory. Their current lineup are handwelted from Chinese company

So improved, but the price is higher than Carmina, Vass and Crocket & Jones. Do you think the full price is fair value?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So improved, but the price is higher than Carmina, Vass and Crocket & Jones. Do you think the full price is fair value?
Well Carmina and CJ are GYW. So for a handwelted, handlasted shoe in a premium leather with lasted shoe trees, the $850 represents very good value in my opinion. Obviously I'll let others chime in but a lot comes down to your preferences and what you are willing to pay up for.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of price increases, did the Mod 2 summer high twist trousers go from $215 to $350 in 1 year?

St1X

Reaction score
I love Cavour, but I am not sure the quality of shoes from cavour should have a starting price much higher than that. 8000+ kr is way overpriced.
That price is absolutely worth it. Those shoes come with a lasted shoe trees, hand welted, hand lasted - lots of handwork. Plus these were 60% off, but Cavour has 15% off discount on a full priced items that still makes it a very good deal

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckrogers