• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@kevinsvindland I'm curious. When will the Spring merchandise start rolling in? Also, will you ever carry a size 58 in suits and odd jackets?

It starts this week, but not sure yet what pieces will be up first, nor what sizes are in the first drop.

New ties from Florence are up today.

Jason12

Reaction score
I washed the mod 2 corduroy trousers on gentle cycle and it's still good so a shirt should be just fine. Though the curtain lining got a bit wrinkled but still all good

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I washed the mod 2 corduroy trousers on gentle cycle and it's still good so a shirt should be just fine. Though the curtain lining got a bit wrinkled but still all good
I washed both my pair of last years heavy cotton trousers before shortening them at the tailors. Didn't want to get them hemmed and when I eventually HAD to wash them they would end up too short.

Leiito

Reaction score
I had the same issue and had to return the flannel Glencheck suit today, size 48, the jacket was OK, if a little too long for my liking, but the trousers were way too tight and looked so off as to discourage even trying alterations. It was a rare off the rack experiment that confirmed my proportions are better suited for MTM suits.

Someone in the thread wondered whether the buttonholes were handmade, to my eye they looked too precise for that. There are handmade sections, the collar p.ex., but the buttonholes looked machine made to me. I don't find that to be a deal breaker, though. Buttons on the sleeves aren't functional, either, but that's probably to be able to reposition them, if needed.

I also got a 100 Hand shirt missing the top button, have never had that happen on a shirt before, but it looks well made, it fits OK and the baby blue twill seems good so I kept it. It's an unusually long shirt, by the way, considerably longer than an Eton, Profuomo or Spier.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I had the same issue and had to return the flannel Glencheck suit today, size 48, the jacket was OK, if a little too long for my liking, but the trousers were way too tight and looked so off as to discourage even trying alterations. It was a rare off the rack experiment that confirmed my proportions are better suited for MTM suits.

Someone in the thread wondered whether the buttonholes were handmade, to my eye they looked too precise for that. There are handmade sections, the collar p.ex., but the buttonholes looked machine made to me. I don't find that to be a deal breaker, though. Buttons on the sleeves aren't functional, either, but that's probably to be able to reposition them, if needed.

I also got a 100 Hand shirt missing the top button, have never had that happen on a shirt before, but it looks well made, it fits OK and the baby blue twill seems good so I kept it. It's an unusually long shirt, by the way, considerably longer than an Eton, Profuomo or Spier.

The buttonholes on jackets and suits are handmade.
And as for sleeve buttons, they are fake in order to make alterations easier and less expensive.
Any decent tailor can make functional buttonholes.

Leiito

Reaction score
My apologies, sir, they're exceptionally neat handmade buttonholes then, my tailor thought them machine made because of the precision.

SartoriaModerna

Reaction score
Very satisfied with the 4ply cashmere rollneck, definitely a must have in every wardrobe

Attachments

• IMG_8242.JPG
    IMG_8242.JPG
    371.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_8240.JPG
    IMG_8240.JPG
    387.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_8243.JPG
    IMG_8243.JPG
    436.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_8245.JPG
    IMG_8245.JPG
    417.6 KB · Views: 191

DonNick94

Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland! I remember that u had mentioned something about high waisted pants but I didn’t found anything in the site! Do you plan to have high waisted pants for the ss23? Perhaps linen pants?

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @kevinsvindland! I remember that u had mentioned something about high waisted pants but I didn’t found anything in the site! Do you plan to have high waisted pants for the ss23? Perhaps linen pants?

Three shades of grey high twist will be introduced this season, in limited numbers. Then for next FW collection, there will be more fabrics in te new model trouser.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carwyn