• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Herr Brun

Reaction score
I think you need to be logged in to read, but you don't need a paid subscription. Registering is definitely worth it to read this take on the Cavour EBITDA vest:

And let me just say that you need to add a side pocket to your EBITDA vest for the schtick to really hit home.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I’m Scandinavian and I usually wear 50 - for example Boglioli, Zegna and Private White that measure about 53cm half chest. My MTM pieces are also about that and looking at the measurement charts of a few brands a 55.5cm half chest would seem more like a typical size 52..?

But going for a 48 in Cavour would seem to be too tight in the shoulders. Anyway, it was mostly the 10cm difference from shoulder to half-chest that made me wonder about the fit.
I would get the same size as you do in any known Italian brand.

I wear same size in Cesare Attolini, Orazio Luciano, Canali, Corneliani, Boglioli, Lardini etc.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think you need to be logged in to read, but you don't need a paid subscription. Registering is definitely worth it to read this take on the Cavour EBITDA vest:

And let me just say that you need to add a side pocket to your EBITDA vest for the schtick to really hit home.

Hahaha! Fantastic!:laugh:

I will be sure to send mr Ashworth one if I can find his office address..

As for the pocket you request, let me see what we can do!

MrNestor

Reaction score
Any plans on lengthening the sleeves on upcoming shirt models? Last years shirts from india were shorter in the sleeves than previous years and they are just too short for me unfortunately.

MrNestor

Reaction score
And the body length is also shorter compared to older models, especially in the premium range. I wouldn't mind a couple of cm's more.

MrAristocat

Reaction score
Seems I did make a sizing mistake - the Mod 2 size 50 trousers are actually too tight, can’t even close them. @kevinsvindland, would you suggest actually going a size up over Mod 1? Are Mod 2 significantly narrower? I am thinking that perhaps even 52 in Mod 2 would be fairly slim in the leg. As mentioned, I have a 52 Mod 1 that fits good in the leg and a bit roomy in the waist. Thanks!
Cheers, Kevin. Sounds like just what I need - not too heavy so can be worn in spring and early autumn, but denser knit, sharper crease, and most importantly less wear in the crotch. I have a gorgeous charcoal Mod 1 number from a few years back (2020 or 2021) and I already had it repaired twice in the crotch. However, the insanely generous inseam means I have fabric left for a few more repairs, and I even have 4.5cm turn-ups.

I have now ordered two pairs of the heavy worsted in size 50 as I’ve mercifully gone back down a size so the charcoal 52s are a bit large. I hope I didn't make a mistake, since the charcoal ones are Mod 1. If the 50 in Mod 2 works well I will go for the flannels too. And the worsteds also looks promising, lovely texture and hope for a super-sharp crease.

I assume you’re not in a position to share the name of the mill for the flannel, @kevinsvindland? I remember in the past there would be elegantly hidden clothmaker labels of e.g. Brisbane Moss on the inside of the pocket etc. But doesn’t matter, you folks do make great stuff, keep it up!

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Seems I did make a sizing mistake - the Mod 2 size 50 trousers are actually too tight, can’t even close them. @kevinsvindland, would you suggest actually going a size up over Mod 1? Are Mod 2 significantly narrower? I am thinking that perhaps even 52 in Mod 2 would be fairly slim in the leg. As mentioned, I have a 52 Mod 1 that fits good in the leg and a bit roomy in the waist. Thanks!

The legs of Mod. 1 trousers are quite narrow compared to the Mod. 2.
So not quite sure what to say to help out here...

Model 2 is much more balanced, and more true to size. Which is why we discontinued Model 1 all together.

mattg1027

Reaction score
Not sure if this was already posted, but just randomly checked the site and noticed Final Sale (extra 15% off) has started. I just went hard on those size 50 blazers/suits and the flannel shirts.

Hadn't seen an email about it yet so thought I'd share the info here...

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
First Drop Spring 2024 Teasers.

(Will be online this week)

DSC09379.JPG
DSC09505.JPG
DSC09683.JPG

DSC09477.JPG
DSC09447-2.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics