• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cashmere Scarf

Reaction score
Hello- My 1st thread starter....

I just purchased a 100% cashmere scarf (Allen Solly) on ebay. The scarf was brand new with tags and is a burgundy color. The other day, after wearing it with my white dress shirt I noticed a dye stain around the collar. Has anyone else had a problem with the dye from a scarf bleeding through to the collar of your dress shirt? Would putting the scarf in the washer or taking it to the dry cleaner help? Also, I assume the dye in my shirt will come out just fine after a trip to the cleaners! At least I hope
smile.gif

Thanks in advance!

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think that is a good scarf. Sell or otherwise dispose of it, and try again.

Reaction score
It is a stain around the collar, right about where sweat would collect. But the stain is of a burgundy color from the scarf. Oh well, shoulda known a $15 pure cashmere scarf made in China would do this crap!

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIT. Allen Solly clothing are made almost exclusively for Marshall's. Their quality is of low grade cashmere.

kcijojo

Reaction score
Don't attempt to fix the Shirt yourself, it's too big a job, instead, take it to a good drycleaner (www.americasbestcleaners.com) ASAP. Also take the Scarf with you and explain what happened to them, they'll appreciate as much information as they can get. http://drycleanauthority.blogspot.com is an excellent source to learn more about dry cleaning and how to properly taking care of your clothes.

If you want to get a new scarf though, have a look at Brora scarves (www.brora.co.uk). I've just received two cashmere vests and one cashmere jumper from them and I couldn't be happier, I like them for their intense colours and soft hand feel. Also, better to buy a few items so the shipping cost is worth it.

Hope everything turns out well for you.

I. Gentantithesis

Reaction score
Allen Solly was an old line English firm which made exceptional knitwear until perhaps the last third of the 20th century. Went belly up.

The then parent company of GANT Shirts (General Mills?) acquired the brand name and produced a woven shirt a bit upscale of GANT under the Allen Solly brand. They may have extended the brand to other clothing products within the conglomerate. That iteration of Allen Solly faded.

As Mr. Onix previously stated, Allen Solly has in recent years been a Marshalls brand in the U.S. Quality varies.

Separately, unconnected to Marshalls, it has been a brand in India www.allensolly.com

Not to pommel a deceased equus, or offend, but are we sure it's not micro fuzz abraded into the shirt cloth?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You mean 100% cashmere scarf TAG!
Bogus material...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads