• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do other hybrids really not have the same premium? Seems odd, but I've never shopped for them.

Although I do remember that the Accord hybrid in the past actually used the hybrid system for performance rather than pure efficiency...10 years ago, the hybrid had similar performance to the v6 (lots of that electric torque) and as such the efficiency wasn't really much better than the 4 banger Accord.

If Prius really does come at an extra premium simply because people want to virtue signal... Then I would say comparing them to a Chevy Cruze is kind of silly since someone willing to pay extra to show how green they are would likely never buy a POS Cruze.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do other hybrids really not have the same premium? Seems odd, but I've never shopped for them.

I'm not sure if in the used marked a prius even holds a premium over a corolla. I sold my 2008 Prius with 130k miles for $6k cash, I don't think you could touch an equal corolla for that little. Though I could be wrong. Rightfully so, in that mileage some people worry about the main battery reliability. So that drops the price a bit.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really like some of the 2 door 4x4 cars like the 2 Door Rav4. I drove one in costa rica and it'd be a great winter car. Miata for the summer and one of those for the winter!

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RTC's next vehicle!
32796cf6db074f468840738d23f6081a.jpg

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The car and the story behind it is mind blowing. 1 of 1

P.S. The rear of this car is the sexiest thing on wheels I have seen. Truly a dream. With modern manufacturing techniques more people than none should be doing what Kelly did.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RTC's next vehicle!
32796cf6db074f468840738d23f6081a.jpg

That plus a pink turbo miata? Hellz yeah!

I'd obviously boost the mini rav too tho. Or swap it.

Definitely an Isuzu VehiCross

VX3quarter2007_600.jpg

F145452446

Ah yes! I remember your hard on for these. They're so cool!

Didn't you almost buy one a year or so ago?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have zero hard on for them, but there was somebody on my block who owned one and I always thought it looked funny. Was amazed when I found they have a bit of a cult following.

Although my dad's 98 isuzu trooper is still alive... Definitely on its last legs, but it has had a good run.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now now, that is a Geo! Geo Tracker. I remember my dad driving a Geo Prizm for a short time growing up. God those cars were awful.

Nooooo...that's the Suzuki Sidekick! Geo was this bullshit car "maker" that rebadged other people's autos and had zero value-add of its own. The Prizm was a Toyota Corolla

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads