• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We ordered Mrs. Dino's new daily driver, a C43, a few months ago and tonight it came home. Wife seems happy, and you know what they say, "Happy wife, happy life!"

haTTer

Reaction score

My Iconic -1995 BMW 840 Ci sport independent a great period of car design ...happy Easter from Hong Kong

haTTer

Reaction score
Road tax is HK$ 9000 per year
Annual roadworthy MOT inspection certificate is HK$ 585
It's insured as a Classic Car so inexpensive.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice one Dino! Hope she enjoys it!

Holding onto the subie for dealing with the crappy weather?

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice one Dino! Hope she enjoys it!

Holding onto the subie for dealing with the crappy weather?
Hey, Thanks for the good wishes. I'm sure she will enjoy it, as she is a faster driver than I am and its a significant step up in performance over her previous C320.

Yes, we are keeping the Subie. I'm hoping we get many more miles out of it. Its great in bad weather or when we want to go someplace and not worry about door dings and bumper marks (like the occasional trip to NYC).

Thanks again
cheers.gif

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is something to be said about Mercedes/BMW service when you car is in the shop, you can get a loaner. My Subaru has been at the dealer for 4 days with an issue related to the rear/side detection system. They can run codes and see the problem, they just can't figure out how to fix it. Since Subaru does not offer loaners, I am stuck in a Dodge Caravan rental that the dealer is paying for. Apparently it was the only car left at the end of the day. Minivans are such horrible vehicles.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is something to be said about Mercedes/BMW service when you car is in the shop, you can get a loaner. My Subaru has been at the dealer for 4 days with an issue related to the rear/side detection system. They can run codes and see the problem, they just can't figure out how to fix it. Since Subaru does not offer loaners, I am stuck in a Dodge Caravan rental that the dealer is paying for. Apparently it was the only car left at the end of the day. Minivans are such horrible vehicles.
Yes, loaners provided by MB/BMW/Lexus etc are very convenient. Our MB dealer is only 1 mile from our home and they have over 100 loaner cars. In roughly 14 years of going there, I can only recall once when we brought a car in without notice, early in the morning and they did not have a loaner for us. However, they dropped my wife and work and had a loaner car dropped off at her work by 11 am. It does suck that there are no loaners with Subaru or some other brand, but I suppose with hopefully lower ownership costs you have to be a bit more flexible. I usually try to get all my Subie service needs taken care of on a Saturday, that way my wife brings one of the other cars and we go do something else.

nice job on grabbing a car for the lady @Dino944 .
Thanks Thrift
cheers.gif

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I didn't know they had one.  Thanks for the heads up on that.  Cheers!

The PL is moderated by AMG employees so it's actually a good perk of owning an AMG over BMW M or Porsche since I don't think neither of them have anything similar. They do monthly giveaways, $500 certificate towards the purchase of a new AMG, 20% off AMG Driving Academy, etc.

Also if there's a serious issue with your car and your dealer is having trouble fixing it you can raise it up on the PL and someone from AMG will get involved. I know there was one person with an S63 AMG that needed a new windshield and the dealer couldn't get it and quoted like 2-3months in the shop. The person brought it up on the PL and AMG shipped the windshield like the next week.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey, Thanks for the good wishes. I'm sure she will enjoy it, as she is a faster driver than I am and its a significant step up in performance over her previous C320.

Yes, we are keeping the Subie. I'm hoping we get many more miles out of it. Its great in bad weather or when we want to go someplace and not worry about door dings and bumper marks (like the occasional trip to NYC).

Thanks again
cheers.gif

So when is she taking it to an autocross?

Is that a dealer dependent thing? I thought some subie dealerships did have loaners. I could be completely mistaken though. You just got this car too right? New as well?

SOA is freaking awesome though from what I've heard. If you have any issues with the dealership, don't hesitate to reach out to them. I've seen them go to great lengths to make things right during issues. Good luck.

brokencycle

Reaction score
My low oil light came on for 2 seconds then went away. Hasn't been back since. Checked and it is marginally (at the low end of full line).

Only at 3k miles since my last service. Dealer said they could do an oil consumption test, and it is likely bad piston rings. Dealer what's $6k to do it if that's the case.

I call bullshit because this is a well known issue on a small percentage of 2006 and 2007 GSs. There is even a service bulletin, and Lexus was doing it proactively on cars up until 70 or 80k miles.

The other option is just to periodically top off or do more regular oil changes.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member