• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably a customer ordered it that way (I doubt a dealer would spec it that way for their lot), but its not really custom. Burgundy is a standard optional convertible top color and can be paired with any exterior color. I just tend to think yellow cars paired with red tend to look like Ronald McDonald ordered it as a company car.

speed-yellow-turbo-b.jpg
15048225_367946150212911_4274880021719416832_n.jpg
599-red-yellow-6.jpg

MY EYES!!!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me. The collector car market has been soft for the last year or so (values have dropped on various cars that seemed to be steadily increasing for the last few years). Personally, while the performance is impressive, I've never thought Veyrons were particularly attractive. There are lots of cars I'd rather purchase for a heck of a lot less $$$. Cheers!

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
While I thought my new radiator was doing a great job of cooling everything, it's more likely that it was a thermostat issue.

I have another one waiting to go in for the coolant reroute. I might just go buy another one and a gasket to swap out to make sure that was the issue. Might double check my own gasket by boiling it first and seeing if it opens. I think it's weird because it worked before we put it back in and seemed to be working fine when we had it in. I'll double check the grounds too, but I feel like swapping it is a good place to start.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
try www.car-part.com to look for a spare ECU. good luck as water and electronics can get messy and expensive!

i i like the duck tail on that particular car. On say a bone stock one it may not look as good.

and you'll never learn the limits of your car on the street as much as you would on the track
That at first seems like a given. but it couldn't be further from the truth. a track is consistent. the street is anything but. so if you want to know how your car will perform in all conditions? you gotta safely test it in all conditions. not every corner is perfectly sculpted. not every surface smooth. there are no real dangers on a track.- on the street, you got traffic lights, road rules, pedestrians,animals, buses, less than ideal weather conditions, such as rain, ice, flooding, construction surfaces, speed limit variations, traffic that can cook your clutch and overheat your engine, speed bumps, fake chicanes,Man holes, pot holes, uneven broken surfaces, square curbs, and all of this before you even consider the unpredictability of other drivers.

The street is nothing like the track. and this isn't some Discovery channel "Street Racing" B.S.
on the street, everyday is not only a battle to get from A to B, but to get there in one piece.
Performance has a direct influence on safety. and i'm of the mind that you can not have enough performance, when taking a balanced "all angles" approach.

Your driving skills need to be built upon, equal to the car you built. understanding exactly what the limits of handling, grip, braking, and spontaneous acceleration are. so you can trust your car, have faith in your car. you flinch? the car flinches to mirror it. giving you a degree of driving accuracy that is unparalleled.
To develop that trust? you gotta know every nut and bolt, run your hands over every inch of the body, take it out when traffic is light (at dawn), find the good corners, learn them, test your tires, cold, warm and in the wet. don't just jump in. work up to it slowly. check your braking feel from different speeds, temps, feel for when they fade.(red lights) know how the weight transfers, how quick it turns. (lane changes)
row through the gears, when the roads are quiet, you can learn to optimize your gears, upshift and downshift. when to hold your gear. heel 'n toe down shift from 3rd to 2nd on to a 90 degree turn. hit the dig,not let it bog down. . . it all takes practice. knowing where the threshold is will help you to both enjoy, and stay safe.

you have no sand traps, and tire walls on the street, you have light poles, and shop windows.
Please, speak to a driving school about advanced driving techniques, where you can learn in your own car. try some autocross if you can. the less obvious benefit being a bond with your car. two souls in perfect cohesion.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

There needs to be a person at Porsche Exclusive whose sole job is to slap customers who put in stupid orders until they come to their senses

If a customer is willing to pay he should be able to spec whatever he wants the **** kinda bullshit is this where he is told no because you don't agree with him?

Yellow/red is a no-go (Challenge Stradale notwithstanding).

Pretty cool Instagram account featuring PTS GT3RS' and 911Rs: https://www.instagram.com/ptsrs/

Maybe I should take back what I said, 90% of these custom orders are trash. Ruins the second hand market when these cars are available since allocations are used up on garbage specs.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
well, a funny (not funny) thing happened last week. my radiator split clean down the welds. urinating all over the engine, and putting the Yellow Monster on the bench.
bored.gif

But after Mrs Vader said i got 2.5k to get it right? research and more research. and? Spending money. queue the Music!

0.jpg

of the $2,500?
I have got a KoyoRad 100% Aluminum Race radiator, a complete Silicone hose kit, Super Rare wheels by Enkei for "Syms", with Advan A10 tires. (70% tread)
and still have $1,400 left to spend.
stirpot.gif

oh, found a set of NGK Iridium plugs, new Water pump,+ HKS timing belt in my box of goodies, so they are getting thrown at it too.

the parts shopping continues. then. the rise from the grave really begins.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If a customer is willing to pay he should be able to spec whatever he wants the **** kinda bullshit is this where he is told no because you don't agree with him?
Maybe I should take back what I said, 90% of these custom orders are trash. Ruins the second hand market when these cars are available since allocations are used up on garbage specs.

I was going to ask you to scroll up but it looks like you found it

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Btw I have a bit of exposure to this Porsche PTS "community". Since PtS allocations are relatively harder to get, and notable well done examples fetch ridiculous (like x3 Msrp) prices on the open market, it drives this insanity where everyone is obssessed with hunting down obscure historical colors and creating these "1 of 1" examples to maximize perceived value.

Problem is, most people have absolutely no concept of how colors go together so you end up with these monstrosities. Also, many of these obscure colors are obscure/discontinued for a good reason

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Ultra Violet on the GT3RS is great looking for a stock color but if it had been a PTS, I probably would have written it off. If Porsche ever goes some shade of pink for a stock color though, they have lost their minds.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
The Ultra Violet on the GT3RS is great looking for a stock color but if it had been a PTS, I probably would have written it off. If Porsche ever goes some shade of pink for a stock color though, they have lost their minds.

Bruh, The best things in life are Pink.

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw I have a bit of exposure to this Porsche PTS "community". Since PtS allocations are relatively harder to get, and notable well done examples fetch ridiculous (like x3 Msrp) prices on the open market, it drives this insanity where everyone is obssessed with hunting down obscure historical colors and creating these "1 of 1" examples to maximize perceived value.

Problem is, most people have absolutely no concept of how colors go together so you end up with these monstrosities. Also, many of these obscure colors are obscure/discontinued for a good reason

+1

Sorry, not sure if you are saying that the dealer can ask 3X MSRP to get the PTS allocation slot, or are you saying on the second hand market an owner is selling the car for 3X the MSRP? I really haven't seen the latter happen, but maybe its only with specific models.

People buying Porsches (or other high end cars) often obsess over the idea of creating a 1 of 1 vehicle, and what it will do for the car's value. However, if its just a basic 991 or 991S, PTS isn't going to really do anything for its resale value. Those are standard production cars, and from what I have seen it generally just inflates the MSRP and the car still depreciates when the owner goes to sell. Personally, I don't think most historic colors people choose really do much for the appearance of modern sports cars, and the colors people choose are often chosen by other people so the car becomes far from 1 of 1. Not to mention at the end of the day, to be able to sell for far over list you need someone else who loves what you have created...and there are some horrible looking PTS cars out there.

Maybe on something very rare like a 997 GT3RS 4.0, PTS would add value to the car over basic white or black. However, these cars are rare and have their own specific following and market, so I wonder how much PTS plays a value on such highly sought after cars.
But still, to me this is a waste of a perfectly good 997 GT3RS 4.0. The 4.0 below is just proof money can't buy taste.
6684845627_67bef32749_b.jpg

A Cayman GT4 PTS in Irish Green just sold from a place in New York. Their asking price was $114,000. After a few weeks it sold. I think it looks cool, but $114,000 . if they got that, it isn't even 1.5x the base price of the car. http://www.autosportdesigns.com/inventory/stock/1023/porsche-cayman-gt4-2016

h09

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I like both of those (more so the GT4, but I wouldn't kick the 4.0 out of bed).
As a car I like the GT3 RS 4.0, but I really dislike the color of the one above. The GT4 actually looks very good in Irish Green, but if I were doing PTS, it wouldn't be my first choice. Then again I tend to like anti-resale dark blue on Porsches.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks much better in this photo (assuming it's the same colour/car)...

On a non-PTS note, I'm really liking Miami Blue. Gives off that Mexico/Riviera Blue vibe which I would argue are two of the most lusted after 911 colours...

Not sure if this was posted when it came out last year, but here's a guy who likes his oddball 911s...

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads