• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buying a 911 hardly qualifies as something "rash" in my book

It's more like a mid-life "realization" IMO

ie that life's too short to have the bank for a fun cool car and not be driving one.

*escape clause may not apply to Harleys.

Buying a 911 as a daily driver while going through a divorce with a 2 month old baby = rash³

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Did someone here recently actually want an Acura Legend coupe? You recently come into $400 or something?

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

Did someone here recently actually want an Acura Legend coupe? You recently come into $400 or something?

Haven't been keeping up here, so can't say if this car was mentioned ... but really, for one of those "cheap yet runs forever" cars, what's the problem?

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:

I thought that car was hot back in the late 90s and it certainly wasn't cheap. They actually went up in value once Acura discontinued it. 230 horsies was a lot back then

1995_acura_legend_coupe_ls_fq_oem_1_500.jpg

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Haven't been keeping up here, so can't say if this car was mentioned ... but really, for one of those "cheap yet runs forever" cars, what's the problem?

Dunno, its just not a car to "wish for". If I wanted a car that ran forever, I'd get one of those Toyota pickups you see with guerillas carrying AK-47s in the back.

I thought that car was hot back then.  And in the late 90s it certainly wasn't cheap.  They actually went up in value once Acura discontinued it in favour of the Vigor

Oh my bad, it went from $300 to $400.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Supporting resistance movements in a town near you

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yay! Miata is running again!

******* hell man. There's a trigger wheel that goes with the crank pulley. We installed it backwards...
I told my friend we should double check it because I'd read somewhere that the order matters, but he said he didn't think it did. Might have been a thing for the 'newer' engines.

In any event. Runs like a top.

On the fence about this, but what do you think?

I'm going to install the megasquirt at some point when time permits. Megasquirt has software that lets you basically do a virtual dyno run. That way, I can see what the car makes NA vs with boost.

That said, I'm a bit tempted to find a dyno and pony up the 60-80 bucks to get a few runs in with the car. My goal was >2x stock power, so this will be a pretty good way to gauge that. I can subtract 5-10 hp/tq because of the aftermarket header.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here used Turo before? Seems like a great way to essentially have an all-day test drive for any perspective cars you may be interested in buying, or cars you have no interest in buying but just want to drive. Found a new M3 for $105/day, V10 R8 for $240, GT4 for $170, Turbo S for $225. And to think I was just about to fork over $600 or whatever to flog a GT4 for an hour at the Porsche Experience Center in LA.

mike1445

Reaction score

Anyone here used Turo before? Seems like a great way to essentially have an all-day test drive for any perspective cars you may be interested in buying, or cars you have no interest in buying but just want to drive. Found a new M3 for $105/day, V10 R8 for $240, GT4 for $170, Turbo S for $225. And to think I was just about to fork over $600 or whatever to flog a GT4 for an hour at the Porsche Experience Center in LA.
I was looking at Turo for a trip out west next summer and got thinking about a Porsche rental, haven't tried it yet though

and if we're shopping old Toyotas, i still want this thing
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/689494998/overview/?aff=dyrtsm&BAC=dyrtsm71515

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used turo when it was called relay rides. Friend and I rented a car in portland to drive around oregon for a week. It was rad.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No, but I like the idea of it as a test-drive.

Found a GTI a few blocks from me for $39 a day...although it is an automatic. The only manual I saw (at least on the day I searched for) was previous generation (and like...$80 a day). However, if I liked the previous generation, that would be a nice way to get a test drive if I were considering shopping a used one.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The "real person" inserted into this ad basically sums up my feelings about the Chevy Cruze:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads