• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score

Garage smells like pb blaster, but all 8 header bolts move! Should make the swap easier when I take it on. Going to try to get my midpipe bolts soaked as well so that doesn't cause any issues either.

You can do it! Did you get the welds looked at? Props for spending your weekend wrenching. Can be zen like.:)

For me it's not about "frequent" but "I want it there when I want it." Also, the difference in time to take a break and tank up is drastically different between an EV and an IC car. I mean, fill the tank, do the windows, take a piss and buy a bottle of water = 10 minutes. What's it going to be with an EV in Idaho?

VERY good question.

brokencycle

Reaction score
The problem with electric vehicles, which only Tesla is doing right, is marketing. There is too much focus on green customers because of the Prius's success. They shouldn't be focusing on the green angle, but rather things like "think about the 10 hours a year at the gas station you won't have to spend" and "get instantaneous power" and "less noise in the cabin as a result of our efficient and quiet motors" etc etc.

The only electric car I would buy is a Tesla. I don't like the unique looks of a Prius that screams "I'm green" (and we could get into a whole debate on whether the car is actually good for the environment) and the Leaf and i3 intentionally cater to that same exact crowd (except the i3 also tries to scream I'm a rich green).

They just need to try to appeal to the broad swath of customers who don't want to make a political statement with their car or have their car stand out for being a really odd design and just view their car as a utility - it gets them from A to B.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't like the unique looks of a Prius

It's one of the ugliest cars ever made. Just admire their work.... :embar:

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the dude called after he'd said $12K floor last week and now I got him down from his initial posted $14.9 ask to $11,500 cash final final. This price:value compares well vs similar vintages on Hemmings etc.

Bad part is out in Windsor. ie three hour train ride and take a Friday vacay day lol. With possibility of same ride back if somethin stinks or is fishy.

https://toronto.craigslist.ca/tor/cto/5781123562.html

Most all parts brand new or mid 2000s new. Engine and ****** *not* restored but not even 200k klix (120k miles). Polish mechanic. (accent) "it's khleen..Chuck Norris would drive theese truck" lol Ida gone "normal" steel rims to offset all the black but still damn pretty imo.

Whadda you guys think?

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

How are your knuckles after that effort?

Not too bad actually. They budged pretty easily. Gonna get new nuts to put in though. The only issues were getting nicked by the heat shield.

The torch really helped as did the overnight soak in pb blaster.

You can do it! Did you get the welds looked at? Props for spending your weekend wrenching. Can be zen like.:)

Yeah it's being welded over. Should have been done, but I had to give it back since the guy only welded half of it lol.

Last edited:

mike1445

Reaction score
So the dude called after he'd said $12K floor last week and now I got him down from his initial posted $14.9 ask to $11,500 cash final final. This price:value compares well vs similar vintages on Hemmings etc.
so metal. I'd agree with the brushed metal wheels over the black and I'd drop some LED headlights but it would certainly be unique.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let us also never forget:

I am told the story goes something like this - the Toyota group tried to recruit Frank Stephenson, but couldn't get him, so they went with a drunk whale instead.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
If it falls through head to the ballet and then sneak a mickey onto the train and just drink the whole way home.

Bad part is out in Windsor. ie three hour train ride and take a Friday vacay day lol. With possibility of same ride back if somethin stinks or is fishy.

https://toronto.craigslist.ca/tor/cto/5781123562.html

Most all parts brand new or mid 2000s new. Engine and ****** *not* restored but not even 200k klix (120k miles). Polish mechanic. (accent) "it's khleen..Chuck Norris would drive theese truck" lol Ida gone "normal" steel rims to offset all the black but still damn pretty imo.

Whadda you guys think?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Side note, there are some supposedly reliable brz supercharger kits available. Should be quite the hoot.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The problem with electric vehicles, which only Tesla is doing right, is marketing.  There is too much focus on green customers because of the Prius's success.  They shouldn't be focusing on the green angle, but rather things like "think about the 10 hours a year at the gas station you won't have to spend" and "get instantaneous power" and "less noise in the cabin as a result of our efficient and quiet motors" etc etc.

The only electric car I would buy is a Tesla.  I don't like the unique looks of a Prius that screams "I'm green" (and we could get into a whole debate on whether the car is actually good for the environment) and the Leaf and i3 intentionally cater to that same exact crowd (except the i3 also tries to scream I'm a rich green).

They just need to try to appeal to the broad swath of customers who don't want to make a political statement with their car or have their car stand out for being a really odd design and just view their car as a utility - it gets them from A to B.

Just saw this. I fully agree. Why I rip on the i3, besides it handling like ****, is that it starts at ~45k and the Model S starts at ~66k. The base S is a much bigger, better handling, and practical car, comes with more standard technology. is far faster - speed and charging, gets around 200 miles, compared to 100 miles, and isn't loud with blue accents, obnoxious wheels and tacky **** everywhere.

Why I'm fine with the Leaf and Prius (and other hybrids and full electric cars like Fiat's 500e) is that they are decent cars for their price point. They're not trying to compete with Tesla, maybe do say tree hugger, but, well whatevs.

That's why I think the i3 is in no man's land. The one positive is that it helped make CFRP mainstream and helped the new 7 series - which I do really like.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads