• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a British professor and he kept saying "Om-eh-ga" and I was confused for a good couple days.
At least that was only for a few days. I had an economics professor who kept discussing the various powers of the "Gorman." So for nearly an entire semester semester I wrote notes that talked about the "Gorman." The Gorman sounded like a pretty important person or position to hold, based on its powers. It wasn't until the teacher said something about the "Gorman" and a student asked in response, "Well, if the the government does x,y,z..." that I realized it was the professor saying "Government" but with a heavy accent. Oh well better late than never, and at least I didn't write "Gorman" all over my exam, as he might have thought I was making fun of him.

To keep this more in line with cars, taking the Merc in for a service. If I get out for under $3K I will be happy.
Wishing you luck with that. The Mrs. test drove a C450 recently and she really liked it. Not sure if that means she will want its 2017 replacement, the C43.

brokencycle

Reaction score
At least that was only for a few days. I had an economics professor who kept discussing the various powers of the "Gorman." So for nearly an entire semester semester I wrote notes that talked about the "Gorman." The Gorman sounded like a pretty important person or position to hold, based on its powers. It wasn't until the teacher said something about the "Gorman" and a student asked in response, "Well, if the the government does x,y,z..." that I realized it was the professor saying "Government" but with a heavy accent. Oh well better late than never, and at least I didn't write "Gorman" all over my exam, as he might have thought I was making fun of him.

I had a physics professor who would say "always into the sauce" when he meant "always into the south." It was a magnetism lecture and he was trying to explain how field lines always go north to south.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Had a prof from Egypt for a two semester course on patho-physiology. Not an easy course and his English was a bit challenging, which given some of the words on patho, made lectures rather frustrating.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

When I ***** I had to work at McDonalds to get a Corolla and a hockey stick

I did the same, but I worked at Target. Then I played the hockey stick warranty game (old one broke, buy new one, wait 20 or so days and then send the broken one back to the warranty dept with the new one's receipt. Old stick replaced.)

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I did the same, but I worked at Target. Then I played the hockey stick warranty game (old one broke, buy new one, wait 20 or so days and then send the broken one back to the warranty dept with the new one's receipt. Old stick replaced.)

I used Sherwoods in an Al or Super Mario blade (but I'm right handed) and briefly a Easton Gold with a Shanny blade. When the quoteless Burnaby Joe Sakic composite Z-bubble came out (my favorite professional athlete) - I literally worked open to close on a weekend, went to Mercantile bank (US Bank now), cashed my paycheck, had my friend drive me to Johnny Macs (the local sporting goods store) and bought that stick. I came back and my dad asked how I was gonna pay for a car. It was a couple of more weeks to save up 800 bucks for the Corolla.

He used a 110 flex, but I could never load up the stick like him and used a 100 - which still was not remotely close to his level. My friends and I always grew up around hockey. I have many fond memories of hockey growing up, but this is a car thread.

Edit: Again back to cars. Why watch Appreciation or touch a woman when you have this:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Praying for HRoi's cars' safety.

1f64f-1f3fc.png

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
He used a 110 flex, but I could never load up the stick like him and used a 100 - which still was not remotely close to his level. My friends and I always grew up around hockey. I have many fond memories of hockey growing up, but this is a car thread.

Yep, used a Synergy with the Shanny blade.

And since this is a car thread, my mom's Accord (V6 guys ... V6) had this little trunk lid that was just perfect for 3 bags of gear + 6 sticks for those 3 bags. We'd made the car just wreak of sweat and ice.

**** that Honda is 16 years old now and my little brother still drives it daily. Since it's in LA now, the paint started to peel and it looks like it has a giant sun burn, except for one entire side, which was repaired after a side swipe and run while he was parked.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every time I watch a Ralph Lauren car video, I'm just drawn away from reality. He has the Louvre of cars. Not a single one is tacky, unlike sultans or princes or whatever they call themselves until oil goes the way of the dinosaurs - again, pun intended.

Super respect for Ralph. Need the next RLBL sale to come soon bro.

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every time I watch a Ralph Lauren car video, I'm just drawn away from reality. He has the Louvre of cars. Not a single one is tacky, unlike sultans or princes or whatever they call themselves until oil goes the way of the dinosaurs - again, pun intended.

Super respect for Ralph. Need the next RLBL sale to come soon bro.
Definitely one of the most beautiful collections. I was lucky enough to see several of his cars, when they were on display as an exhibit called, "Style, Speed and Beauty" at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. Probably the nicest examples of these cars in terms of condition ( and accuracy if its a restored car). Earlier this year I toured Paul Russell & Company (restoration shop) and they had one of Ralph's cars being full restored (again). He discovered some inaccuracies in the prior restoration of the car (by another facility) so he sent it to Paul Russell for a complete nut and bolt restoration so that this time everything will be perfect. I'm sure other people might have just tried to fix whatever was wrong and maybe do a bare metal respray...but this car is getting everything done...again!

Below is a video someone posted from the display in Boston

Last edited:

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[[/INDENT]
Definitely one of the most beautiful collections. ย I was lucky enough to see several of his cars, when they were on display as an exhibit called, "Style, Speed and Beauty" at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. Probably the nicest examples of these cars in terms of condition ( and accuracy if its a restored car). ย Earlier this year I toured Paul Russell & Company (restoration shop) and they had one of Ralph's cars being full restored (again). ย He discovered some inaccuracies in the prior restoration of the car (by another facility) so he sent it to Paul Russell for a complete nut and bolt restoration so that this time everything will be perfect. ย I'm sure other people might have just tried to fix whatever was wrong and maybe do a bare metal respray...but this car is getting everything done...again! ย 

Below is a video someone posted from the display in Boston

ย 

Jelly or whatever the cool kids say for jealous these days. :) A 734 VIN - I need a bathroom to do my deed.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Took the long way to school to steal few mins and drive the miata. Man this is just such a fun car on local roads. I can't wait to get into it.

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh hellz yes. I'm more and more into these 70s/80s trucks. A few months ago back to age9 or w/e Ida been like, "Wtf is the deal w this sub-genre??" The lines are so clean..maybe something to do with everything being an X5 or X5 clone these days. Dat ground clearance? Best refer to it as a "car".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads