• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Conan had one. Don't discount it. Especially in 90s forest green with accessories from autozone.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why is it that in almost all cars (the ones I've driven, at least), the first 1/4 of a tank seems to take forever to deplete. Then going from 1/4 to 3/4 empty takes fewer miles. And then the last 1/4 seemingly vaporizes into thin air and gets you laughably low miles.

It's like the car front-loads all the mileage. Anyone else notice this?

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coz like, you know how big ice cubes melt really slowly, but then as they get smaller they melt faster? Same idea.

/science.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Coz like, you know how big ice cubes melt really slowly, but then as they get smaller they melt faster? Same idea.

/science.

Surface area in that sense doesn't matter for a liquid and how cars measure fuel levels. Our wonderful gf is just a good skipper having fun. /real_science

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Surface area in that sense doesn't matter for a liquid and how cars measure fuel levels. Our wonderful gf is just a good skipper having fun. /real_science

ramupartypooper

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ramupartypooper

I'm just in some engineering/physics and music mode these past few days. I think it comes from everyone that was part of grad school and my little road trip with them. No dickishness intended :).

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I always thought it was because of extra fuel in the tube that goes from the actual tank to where you stick the pump in.

this is, of course, almost certainly wrong, but I also don't own a car.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I'm in pedantic, but somewhat informative mode: the fuel line/rail thing pressure thing is true, but it affects things in the opposite direction - there is quite a bit of fuel in that part, but the gauge leaves it off so soccer mom is happy to make it home.

From a first order standpoint, nearly every liquid is not compressible at a basic level (I hung out with someone that works on liquid He this weekend - don't bring this up with her) so it's essentially a volume of the line thing despite the huge pressures on the FI engines. Since its compressed by a pump or two or three, easiest thing to figure out unlike what is in the tank itself.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I always thought it was because of extra fuel in the tube that goes from the actual tank to where you stick the pump in.

this is, of course, almost certainly wrong, but I also don't own a car.

Don't worry gomebrah. Owning an object of discussion is no prerequisite for having an authoritative opinion on any of its qualities, as evidenced by this thrad.

:fonz:

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well this is quite the assertion. ..I kinda like the no-supercharger for pure V8 acoustics and throttle. I'd snag one of these in a second.
this thing is way closer to a true racing Corvette than even the mighty Z06.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/reviews/a30052/2017-corvette-grand-sport-first-drive/

mike1445

Reaction score

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

we talking robocop SHO? I loved that thing as a kid.
My brother is engineer-y to the point that his explanations end up making people feel stupid on a regular basis and his ignorance to their embarrassment makes him seem spectrum-y. Right on your wavelength.
I hope that typo was intentional

Yis, it be intentional.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Ever taken out and swapped a Fuel pump and level sending unit? -interesting mechanism.
Their design in most cars could lead one to think that the rate of drop could be progressive. Or delayed drop when so full the float cannot drop until a certain level. -then progressive drop. :rolleyes:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads