• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Haha, i was agreeing with you. Lighten up GF :D

Just trying to see his point of view.

When is @Hroi going to punch Rtc in the taint? :lurk:
*grabs a chair and a beer*

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would do the same in a heartbeat. Unfortunately the only cars I would get from national in Denver were ******* challengers and mustangs at best. Typically just settled for a maxima or Avalon.

BORING

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's Hertz. Wife and I are on vacation in CA and two of our activities are to drive the PCH and Napa Valley. Which require a proper convertible. ;)

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When is @Hroi going to punch Rtc in the taint?
lurker[1].gif

*grabs a chair and a beer*

The car that we'd both agreed on is apparently still available, except the seller is a ******* flake. Stopped responding about a week ago and just got back to me today. I'm waiting for the info so I can run the plates/VIN then hopefully checking the car out on thursday if he doesn't ******* bail again.

This is the one you were talking about right?
http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/cto/5708849857.html

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's Hertz. Wife and I are on vacation in CA and two of our activities are to drive the PCH and Napa Valley. Which require a proper convertible. ;)

Be careful on PCH brah. I hear the troopers like to stake out and pull over anyone driving with just a modicum of aggressiveness.

My good buddy Matt Farah told me
263a.png

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My sister is buying a new CUV - Macan or F-pace?
Macan all the way!

A 360 Modena Spider, while older, can be had with a *gated shifter* for about the same $ and is way sexier.

i.e. if you're gonna go "supercar" why half-ass it?
Sexier and the gated shifter will save the owner money in the long run. The F1 transmissions on Ferraris have very expensive repairs when the pump actuators ($10K) and parts die. I imagine its the same when it goes on the Maser since its drivetrains are basically detuned Fcar drivetrains. Clutch replacement in their manuals is a fraction of the cost. Its part of the reason their people now want cars with gated shifter and there is now a premium for them.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know I'm boring/annoying/pissing off a bunch of you guys, but I was wondering how much room for negotiation there is with a dealer.

I found this (http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/5682724737.html) on craigslist. It's 30 mins from me so I might go out there in the morning after studying for a bit to go check it out. Is a PPI still a good idea even though it's a dealer? The car is the color I want, has nice wheels, interior in good condition, looks like it has a body kit (minor scrapes visible), and I'm pretty sure it's the sport version from 99 so it should have the torsen rear diff.

I got 4800 from all the stuff I sold for my bike, so I'd like to come atleast a few 100 below that so I have money for a minor repair or two. This car doesn't have the vehicle history since it was a trade in so I should assume that the timing belt, water pump, etc were never done.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the body kit or smoked tail lights at all. The wheels are atrocious. The interior looks good and the body doesn't seem to have rust or any discernable issues.

The fart can exhaust and the rest of the "look" screams ricer. I'd pass...

The silver one you linked above looks pretty nice.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Initial thoughts - car is extremely capable on anything that the PCH can throw at it. Lots of body flex, typical for a very of course, which makes the steering judder a bit under the most severe cornering speeds I dare do on a narrow road, but once you get used to it, you marvel at how the car sticks.

I've rented convertibles before in FL and always ended up frustrated and heat stroked. If I lived here I think I would daily drive a convertible. You Californians have the best weather.

The new for 2017 turbo motor? I have mixed feelings about it. The turbo lag is there, no two ways about it. 911's have always been offered with turbos so it's part of the DNA, so you'll have fun if you drive it differently (I.e. Make sure those wheels are straight before dat turbo comes on boost). But I still prefer the N/A 911's.

The exhaust? Absolutely awful. Can't sugarcoat it. I have the top down blasting it through tunnels and semi-canyons and that noise coming from a few feet behind me is just plain terrible.

Mainly because of the exhaust, and also partly because my 911 is a GT3, and in very small part due to the pdk - I feel the car is a bit too sterile. It would be awesome if I can convince my wife to daily drive it and drive top down on the 50-ish days of the year you wouldn't get soaked or heatstroke in FL, but it's not my favorite 911 so far

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the body kit or smoked tail lights at all. The wheels are atrocious. The interior looks good and the body doesn't seem to have rust or any discernable issues.

Fair. Will pass. I didn't notice the exhaust or tail lights, just the color and the interior lol. Figured those wheels could be sold/traded more easily.

I'm trying to see the silver one on thursday. The guy keeps freaking vanishing though. He didn't text me back for a week, then texted today asking if I wanted to see it on thursday. Then stopped replying an hour later when I asked a bit more about the car...

This popped up recently as well and has a hard top. It had some rust damage that the guy said was repaired with fiberglass. He said it'd be 4200 without the hard top (soft top only) or 5k with it. I'm guessing it's a pass due to the rust. Though I guess how this stuff is actually fixed?
http://southcoast.craigslist.org/cto/5712108006.html

Last edited:

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed on all points here.

Definitely a no-no to fix rust with fiberglass. Typically on miatas the rockers are cut out and re-welded with fresh metal.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Out of curiosity, what does a rental on a car like that run? Or do you have some sort of points/status?

My local hertz never has anything of note (not that I expect it to, unlike CA), but when I see even something like a mustang convertable listed, they want something crazy for it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads