• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anymore pics, GF. Love the ones you posted.

I do have a couple moar.

Never seen this model before.

Another clean E30.

Gullwing.

Photo%20Jun%2015%2C%2012%2019%2044%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Jun%2015%2C%2012%2020%2007%20PM.jpg

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
love the GT3. tell him to take care of his brakes. and the e30 m3 too. I may be stoned for this, but I never really 'got' the M1

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like an awesome show, GreenFrog!
getting a license plate with the model designation is utterly stupid, so is putting the wheels on from a newer iteration of your car

Meh, I think I'd make an exception to the former for the M1. For cars that are shown, I think I prefer vanity plates.

Jet or mbaum (or anyone else really), do you guys ever hit Cars and Coffee in Irvine? Seems like everyone was there this past weekend, it was Ford Design Invitational Day and there was a lot of crazy stuff present.

Toyota brought out the FT-1:

A few gorgeous Jaguars:

A blue P1 and an orange Enzo:

Five or so Aventadors were present (this is just two, of course :) ):

NSXs:

Of course, this is a mere snapshot of the variety present, the line of cars waiting to get in was the longest I have ever seen.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Jet or mbaum (or anyone else really), do you guys ever hit Cars and Coffee in Irvine? Seems like everyone was there this past weekend, it was Ford Design Invitational Day and there was a lot of crazy stuff present.
[/quote]

I used to go ten years ago before it was in irvine and before it was called cars and coffee. They were crystal cove car meets every saturday morning in newport beach, cars would line up at 7am to get into the shopping center and everyone would have coffee in hand. It was cool but I'm not a morning person and waking up early wasn't my idea of how to spend my weekend so we only did it on occasion. Eventually the shopping center owners wanted to put an end to it even though it was over at 9am when they'd open so the guys suggested doing it irvine and calling it cars and coffee. Now I believe there are multiple C&C meets in oc and la but I haven't gone in so long but have friends that go. You see crazy cars all the time in the streets (except the factory cars) so you're not missing a whole lot if you don't go. This past father's day was the annual concours on rodeo drive in beverly hills that my buddies go to every year as well, lots of classics at that one.

Last edited:

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
custom plates?

a slightly cryptic one. and custom plates are a bit harder in japan as they don't use letters. but sometimes a guy will walk up and go nuts over these plates. (old pic, ugly sticker is gone)
all i'm saying is that custom plates need not always be obnoxious.

must get her over for the C&C in the future. and yes, she is so fast spock can't understand it.

Last edited:

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll just leave this here... Today in Vancouver:

BqW2DVoCMAIOLa2.jpg

Edit: even worse up close... Driver is supposedly only 22:

Last edited:

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I used to go ten years ago before it was in irvine and before it was called cars and coffee. They were crystal cove car meets every saturday morning in newport beach, cars would line up at 7am to get into the shopping center and everyone would have coffee in hand. It was cool but I'm not a morning person and waking up early wasn't my idea of how to spend my weekend so we only did it on occasion. Eventually the shopping center owners wanted to put an end to it even though it was over at 9am when they'd open so the guys suggested doing it irvine and calling it cars and coffee. Now I believe there are multiple C&C meets in oc and la but I haven't gone in so long but have friends that go. You see crazy cars all the time in the streets (except the factory cars) so you're not missing a whole lot if you don't go. This past father's day was the annual concours on rodeo drive in beverly hills that my buddies go to every year as well, lots of classics at that one.

Yeah, Crystal Cove was before I lived out here, but I have seen pictures. I used to go to Irvine C&C weekly, but I don't live as close by, anymore. And yeah, we are pretty fortunate out here to have such an absurd amount of variety, but I still find the Irvine Cars and Coffee to be totally worth waking up for. Plus, if you go on the first Saturday of the month, Lamborghini of Newport Beach hosts its own show after. Supercar Sunday in Woodland Hills usually has a lot of rare stuff, as well, but it's too far for me to drive to on a regular basis.

custom plates?

a slightly cryptic one. and custom plates are a bit harder in japan as they don't use letters. but sometimes a guy will walk up and go nuts over these plates. ย  (old pic, ugly sticker is gone)
all i'm saying is that custom plates need not always be obnoxious.

Nice car! There was one R33 GT-R present at the show in silver, he comes pretty regularly, it seems.

mbaum

Reaction score

I used to go ten years ago before it was in irvine and before it was called cars and coffee. They were crystal cove car meets every saturday morning in newport beach, cars would line up at 7am to get into the shopping center and everyone would have coffee in hand. It was cool but I'm not a morning person and waking up early wasn't my idea of how to spend my weekend so we only did it on occasion. Eventually the shopping center owners wanted to put an end to it even though it was over at 9am when they'd open so the guys suggested doing it irvine and calling it cars and coffee. Now I believe there are multiple C&C meets in oc and la but I haven't gone in so long but have friends that go. You see crazy cars all the time in the streets (except the factory cars) so you're not missing a whole lot if you don't go. This past father's day was the annual concours on rodeo drive in beverly hills that my buddies go to every year as well, lots of classics at that one.[/QUOTE]
Dude, you were there at Crystal Cove? Those were the days. Nothing better then that when I drove my rattle boxes out on the short ride from Laguna. Damn the Irvine Company for kicking us out. But yes, the head of strategic design for Ford graciously then opened up the parking lot at the Ford design center on Barranca (In these days, the building was the headquarter for the non-Ford brands that they owned: Aston, Volvo, etc.).

Since then, it has been there and is still growing. It was the very first Cars & Coffee on the planet and all the others followed it's lead, though it is still the only one in OC (There are other breakfast cruise ins though). We even made special window stickers for our cars (What can I say, grown men playing with old cars. Same as kids playing with toy cars ...). now, every Sat morning, 6am - ~9am, we have ~300 cars, mostly classics of all shapes and forms with modern exotics and the occasional "Fast and Furious" crowd thrown in. This being Orange County, you usually also see some of the serious collectors bringing out the multi-million-$ iron.

Was not there last weekend, but the previous two weekends. Also did not make it to Rodeo Drive this Sun. It is a bit of an acquired taste. I don't like the setting with the cars on asphalt and roped off. Though, if you are a Chequered Flag 200 member, you can go to Bruce Meyer's personal collection and that indeed is mind blowing (Think significant Ferrari race cars that won Le Mans in the 50's and similar toys in a spectacular loft setting that blows away any "bachelor pad" I have ever seen ... right behind Rodeo Drive ... in BH ...).

Let me know when you plan on going to C&C and say hi. Next up is the big event: Pebble Beach week in August.

Mike

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Didn't know you were a car guy, I used to be into it a lot more back then and am slowly getting back into it. I completely forgot you were here to be honest. There is a persian guy with a white p1 who was at mclaren? or lamborghini of newport with a host of other supercars recently though I didn't attend that either. I don't know I'm just sorta over the staring at cars bit or at least don't derive as much pleasure as I used to.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love the P1, but that cars need to be triple black.

Eh. I'm over white cars, but Manny Khoshbin did a great job with his (the interior, particularly):

This other one is in Vancouver. Same exterior (white/black), but with a different interior.

mbaum

Reaction score
I hear you - I am more into playing with cars, less staring at them though I still can drool over some rare machinery and participate in the occasional concours (Especially when they have excellent free booze like Greystone or Quail). I am part of a good group of OC and LA classic car collectors and we do a lot of fun stuff together and with our cars (driving, showing, breaking them), so the social aspect of it is fantastic.

I am not so much into the super car thing so I do not know the folks into modern-day Ferraris, Lambos, McLs, etc. unless they also drive some old stuff. If folks have not been at C&C though it definitely is a worth doing it if you are in the area and a car nut.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads