• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I had a free consultation with an attorney who specializes in criminal law and he said driving without registration is a criminal offense punishable by jail time, so the fact that the statie marked it as civil meant he was cutting me a break.

He said I should just appeal it in court and represent myself with proof of registration, insurance, and my license and that it would most likely get dropped if I mention my move and etc., esp because I have a clean record.

Then do exactly that.

GF, not trying to be a jerk, but you were indeed guilty, right?

Oh piss off, Little Goody Two Shoes.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Took my car to the stealership and they replaced the front left wheel bearing. Apparently it was causing the rotors to warp.

Front left rotor was replaced as well.

They also replaced a seat motor for my passenger side's thigh bolster.

Total cost for repairs:

$50 for the CPO warranty deductible!

:)

I called it:

... steering wheel vibration while braking is rarely due to brake problems in BMWs. It's usually front control arm bushings or some other suspension component.

I doubt a bad bearing would cause your rotor to warp, ot impossible, but not the most probable cause. More likely is the rotors and pads were not properly bedded when installed or you are a late braker. Also, the best policy would be to replace both front rotors at the same time, not one. I don't know how much OEM rotors would cost you but an aftermarket pair probably wouldn't run you more than $100 tops at an auto parts store, even for a foreign car.

The dealership has addressed a symptom, not the actual problem.

On the plus side, did they offer you any coke or meth while you waited?

It is exceptionally difficult to warp a BMW rotor under street driving conditions. They are spec'ed considerably beyond anything that would be required for commuting or the occasional "spirited" drive. On the other hand, a bad wheel bearing is a perfect explanation for the vibration problems GF was describing.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
My sister lives in a tiny town in northern Ontario and every spot in all the parking lots have had outlets since at least 1980 (when I visited for the first time). Welcome to 1980 rural Canada motherfuckers!

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah wheels are stock option (S wheels). Many people do indeed lower this car to make it look even better. I preferred to keep it stock for convenience. Such a fun car...sad to see it go, but I'm relocating to NYC.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ours has a charger. But actually may be moving to the Bay area (again) soon. Flying out for an interview this week...

Don't own one yet but have a deposit down on a Model X and getting solar installed in the next week or two, so I'm making good progress toward being a Tesla owner this time next year. Tesla's are ubiquitous out here and have never heard anyone complain about their car, as opposed to most of the competition. If it fits your needs, odds are you will love it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads