• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The new CTS-V will have to be a FI v8 to stay in the segment that i think Cadillac wants it to be in. As for the m3 competitor, there's probably going to be an ATS-v in the future

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The new CTS-V will have to be a FI v8 to stay in the segment that i think Cadillac wants it to be in. As for the m3 competitor, there's probably going to be an ATS-v in the future

ATS-V has already been caught in spy photos- some manner of twin-turbo V6 between 400-500bhp. They have the latter engine already and Alpha-Romeo is using it so that's one possibility since it'd push it ahead of the M3/4

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Also, a 4.4 second 0-60 is intriguing indeed.

Isn't 4.8 seconds in a full sized MB GL more intriguing? It is for me as the torque required to move all that metal is going to press you back in the seat like the Space Shuttle taking off.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Isn't 4.8 seconds in a full sized MB GL more intriguing? It is for me as the torque required to move all that metal is going to press you back in the seat like the Space Shuttle taking off.

Not at more than double the price ($130k) and 50% more weight (nearly 6k lbs). Pressing the brakes on that thing or taking a turn at any kind of speed would be unnecessarily scary :laugh:

Still, it's DAMN fast for a luxurious land barge.

That new C Class looks REALLY nice, if you hadn't already seen an E or S Class. It seems too derivative... The taillights are weirdly small.

The ATS-V seems like it would be stuck in between competitors like the RS3, 135i M Sport, and CLA 45 AMG and the established bigger brother RS4, M3, or C 63 AMG. It will be interesting to see what it can actually do. GM is probably flogging it on the Nur.

Last edited:

David23

Reaction score
Jaguar just take my money now.

0.jpg

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not at more than double the price ($130k) and 50% more weight (nearly 6k lbs). Pressing the brakes on that thing or taking a turn at any kind of speed would be unnecessarily scary :laugh:

My guess is, it handles like a G63/65 point and shoot.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
does nothing for me

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

That new C Class looks REALLY nice, if you hadn't already seen an E or S Class. It seems too derivative... The taillights are weirdly small.

The ATS-V seems like it would be stuck in between competitors like the RS3, 135i M Sport, and CLA 45 AMG and the established bigger brother RS4, M3, or C 63 AMG. It will be interesting to see what it can actually do. GM is probably flogging it on the Nur.

It stops from 70 mph in 162 feet which TIES it with some of the best sport sedans: (http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-mercedes-benz-gl63-amg-test-review) It also pulls .84 Gs so it's no slouch in the corners.

Btw, here's the Vsport: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2014-cadillac-cts-vsport-twin-turbo-v-6-test-review Stops in 149 feet. 13 feet difference! In the real world that's probably going to come down to who's the better driver. The .97 Gs slays the MB though which is only to be expected between the two vehicles.

I'd still pick the MB :)

Last edited:

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It stops from 70 mph in 162 feet which TIES it with some of the best sport sedans: (http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-mercedes-benz-gl63-amg-test-review) It also pulls .84 Gs so it's no slouch in the corners.

Btw, here's the Vsport: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2014-cadillac-cts-vsport-twin-turbo-v-6-test-review Stops in 149 feet. 13 feet difference! In the real world that's probably going to come down to who's the better driver. The .97 Gs slays the MB though which is only to be expected between the two vehicles.

I'd still pick the MB :)

I thought I watched a video review of the VSport which had it stopping in 116 ft. Maybe at a different speed? I'll look it up when I get home.

*edit* Motor Trend has the stopping distance at 103 ft vs 550i 116 ft and E550 119 ft. I assume those are from 60mph where as the C&D is 70 mph. WOW, Motor Trend did the GL63 and recorded at 104 ft stop. That's impressive.

Again, more than double the price. If I had $130k to spend on a car, it would NOT be a Merc AMG SUV :nodding:

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
$130K is 430 money.

yeah, I'm gonna do that. And then buy a CR-V for when I have to haul multch.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads