• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

There are AWD BMWs, and with proper snow tires, any car is capable of doing that.
Also, someone needs to cybersquat riceforum.com, .net, etc.

Audi's Quattro system is by far the best of any manufacturer. Not even a conversation.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Audi's Quattro system is by far the best of any manufacturer. Not even a conversation.

They probably are best-in-class for AWD but most modern cars with PROPER snow tires can do that.

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Anyone think that new Ford Fusion grill looks an awful lot like an Aston? And the profile seems to look a lot like the Jaguar XF
Yes, whenever I see a Fusion I think of how much the grill looks like an Aston. I hadn't thought about the Jag aspect, but now that you mention it, I agree.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They probably are best-in-class for AWD but most modern cars with PROPER snow tires can do that.

Disagree. I couldn't believe how good my A8 was in the snow. I basically did something similar to that video in my area once when we had a 24 in snowfall.

I decided to have a bit of fun and test the system so I just drove my car thru the fresh snow and it was like butter. I carved a path right thru my street before any plows came thru. It was so easy that I decided to play snow plow and drive thru a bunch of streets the same way. I even had a snow shovel with me because I expected to get stuck. The front of my car looked like a giant white snow cone when I was done but it was the most fun I've ever had with that car.

Problem with Quattro is your brakes work just as bad as everyone else, so while its pretty easy to trek thru snow, stopping is the same.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I'll put the LR3 I used to drive up against an Audi in the snow...deep snow...any day.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Disagree. I couldn't believe how good my A8 was in the snow. I basically did something similar to that video in my area once when we had a 24 in snowfall.

No one's doubting you did that in your car, but it's not unique to your car. Most cars with snow tires could do the same thing. You had bad braking because you were probably not using snow tires.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No one's doubting you did that in your car, but it's not unique to your car. Most cars with snow tires could do the same thing. You had bad braking because you were probably not using snow tires.

Having lived overseas in N Europe and experienced snow tires (not common in VA), I understand. Snow tires basically have more tread and are softer. I've had a car with snow tires, so I agree they are definitely better under braking. Would love to try my car with snow tires.

You'd have to drive it to understand. Raise the car to max height and the snow, its brilliant. Snow tires, SUV, knobby tired 4x4 are different animals. Its expected. The experience comes in when you know you have your perf Michelin's on and are gobbling up the snow in a 4 door sedan. Its context.

My wife drives an Allroad which is also impressive in the snow, actually even better than my car since it has a better ride height.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Until your nice Audi gets acquainted with a snow covered curb or ditch...

chevron

Reaction score

Roger that, e-braked my '09 Elantra into a curb earlier this winter while ******* around. Deformed the wheel bearing and had to get it replaced.

The winter tires did not help, but the service was covered under warranty #swag

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
In Tokyo right now, saw a new A8L W12, an RS6 V10TT Avant, and a white Ghost within the same little roundabout. Not even worth mentioning the 'normal' baller cars that were in between.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Saw this while out, and then came back in a Toyota Century cab, first time riding in a Century. The driver was talking about how he was the only Century cab in Tokyo and then bumped a Kpop DVD on the rear seat monitor. The whole interior was like the feeling of a Casio, vs a Roll Royce's Patek or something. It was really cheesy. It did in fact have a normal Toyota digital clock just hanging from the headliner. Very very strange car experience.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

In Tokyo right now, saw a new A8L W12, an RS6 V10TT Avant, and a white Ghost within the same little roundabout. Not even worth mentioning the 'normal' baller cars that were in between.

That Rolly is a beaut.

I've tried the W12 out, that engine is amazing. Nothing but torque.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I never mess around on light snow/slush. Deep snow kills any momentum pretty easily. Until it doesn't :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads