• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(whoops, reposted from newer thread once I realized that the real thread was here!) 2006 Cadillac CTS-V w/Corvette LS2 V8 @400HP. Although not for much longer since she's now all spiffed up for sale (link in Sig), but for now:
aaIMG_1388.jpg
aIMG_1360.jpg
(more pics here! )

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HarrisonK
Infiniti G35

bagggedd.jpg

Me too. The original one from 2003. Still runs great!

csoukoulis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aldehyde
I broke down and bought a modern car for my 2 hour per day commute. It's quite nice. Adequate speed and very comfortable on the highway.

The engine is from the future (for me at least). Quad cam 32 valve 10:1 all alloy V8 with magnesium valve covers.

Side-1.jpg

Rear.jpg

int2.jpg

I've got a 3 spoke euro M3 wheel on order, and the wheels will be jettisoned soon.

YUMMY! I have seriously thought about ditching my Trans Am for an 850i

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by razl
(whoops, reposted from newer thread once I realized that the real thread was here!)

2006 Cadillac CTS-V w/Corvette LS2 V8 @400HP. Although not for much longer since she's now all spiffed up for sale (link in Sig), but for now:

I had an 06 CTS (black raven over black full leather) and it was far and away my favorite car I've ever owned. Where are you headed from here? New CTS-V I hope.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave
I had an 06 CTS (black raven over black full leather) and it was far and away my favorite car I've ever owned. Where are you headed from here? New CTS-V I hope.

I'm actually already landed in an 04 Explorer XLT.

...WTF?!?!?!?!!!??....

OK, now that you've come to grips with that - yes, it's true - it's only for a year or so. I'm reorganizing a lot of finances and the V was the biggest financial payment I could do without and the Explorer was cheap and fit the bill for some home projects. Longer term, say in a year or two tops, a gently used '10 V will do nicely (especially if it's recertified and under 50K!).

One upside of the Explorer is that, since it's a truck, it's absolutely alien from the V. All the cars I thought about getting, every time I touched the gas pedal I cried ("I'm giving up my V, for this???"). But in the X I don't even think about it, it's just a whole different thing. That makes it tolerable for me to get through the next year+ without "my baby" (sniff!).

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One upside of the Explorer is that, since it's a truck, it's absolutely alien from the V. All the cars I thought about getting, every time I touched the gas pedal I cried ("I'm giving up my V, for this???"). But in the X I don't even think about it, it's just a whole different thing. That makes it tolerable for me to get through the next year+ without "my baby" (sniff!).

Agreed; I've had a similar experience.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Originally Posted by dcg
Agreed; I've had a similar experience.

(whew!) Some others (read: non-car people) were just not getting my logic there. I was starting to think I might be freakish.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I had always driven at least semi-sporty cars. Soon after getting an SUV for daily driving, I got stuck on my way to work behind a school bus parked in the middle of the road while a parent had a (lengthy) conversation with the bus driver. Was a great moment of revelation when I realized I could just turn the wheel, hop the curb and head off on my merry way in the other direction.

What I really hate are cushy seats and soft suspension - lack of either is something both sports cars and (real) SUVs often have in common.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by il ciclista
is the interior any better on the 370z? I know the 350 looked cheap as hell with all those large plastic panels.
I'm curious, too. I sat in a 350 and felt like I was surrounded by huge plastic walls.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads