• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have had a Jetta, Saab 9-5, Lexus RX, Land Rover Discovery, BMW X5 M50d, Carrera 4S convertible, Audi A5 convertible and GLS 63 AMG. Guess I would take the 911 back, except it was RHD.
**** I forgot the XC90 we bought in 2004 to prepare for birth of first kid. Almost lost my Volvo Klub membership!

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I still had my ‘95 Geo Metro. That car took a beating: even hitting a deer in the middle of the night on CA-20 heading to Fort Bragg couldn’t kill it.

C6E9DE76-BA55-4182-AFEF-05B488882401.jpeg
F7CE0608-6989-4C37-ACC7-4404A13DF647.jpeg

The ‘05 Subaru Forester I replaced it with was fun as well, though in these pics, I’d rather have my Bianchi San Jose back.

7C946CF8-9754-456C-AF2F-0998C607BC20.jpeg
BDBB1133-B1F1-46DD-AADE-1F8D419A44EB.jpeg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those Metros were good cars. Why would you be going to Bragg?

I’ve been there a few times, but that time was to go camping with friends for Memorial Day weekend. I was really late because I’d gone to a movie with other friends.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL. I had a lot of friends who camped there. They'd usually jump in, though.

I would’ve driven up with someone, but X-Men: Last Stand was required viewing on opening night, I guess.

North Coast Brewing is my favorite brewery anywhere, so that’s been worth checking out each time I’m in town.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had a 1981 320i--I got a great deal on it because it was over 100k miles in 1985. Not at all fast, but sporty and fun. Crank windows and roof. That car was amazing--I loved it. Only BMW I've ever owned. Wait, that's not exactly true. I had a Rover Disco and Range Rover 4.6 HSE that were BMW era. I loved both of those, too.
My first BMW was a 1983 320i, opalgrün metallik. It definitely set the hook.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been half heartedly looking around and figured MSRP is a good deal these days. Surprisingly, the local Jeep dealer isn't marking up the Grand Cherokee while the Ford dealer won't even list a price or provide info over the phone for the Bronco. Volvo seems to actually have vehicles in stock and aren't marking up so we may just go that route.

When I bought my Gladiator back in March there was no extra mark-up. The dealer even offered $500 off for military, $500 off for this being my 3rd or 4th vehicle I bought from them, and then another ~$2k off which was the equivalent of what the discount would have been with the FCA Stellantis "Friends and Family" (or whatever it's called) discount. I'm eligible for the discount but there are a few models they aren't actually offering it on at the moment, including the Gladiator. I had looked at the Grand Cherokee and was offered the same incentives.

Earlier that week I had stopped by the neighboring Ford Dealer to look at a Bronco. They had 5 or 6 on the lot (every time I've driven past since then there's been at least a few different ones available) including an Outer Banks one that looked pretty good. I wasn't as impressed with it as I thought I would have been but still asked about pricing and using the X-Plan or supplier pricing and they said no to that but otherwise just MSRP. I had a feeling I could have haggled with them a bit (if I knew how), but at that point I was falling out of love with it anyway.

esoxm

Reaction score
I've been half heartedly looking around and figured MSRP is a good deal these days. Surprisingly, the local Jeep dealer isn't marking up the Grand Cherokee while the Ford dealer won't even list a price or provide info over the phone for the Bronco. Volvo seems to actually have vehicles in stock and aren't marking up so we may just go that route.

Depending on what your timing is - ordering a custom spec jeep is probably one of the better deals that can be had right now. Picking up a new wrangler I ordered in March this weekend and getting it for ~10% off MSRP (or basically what I'd be spending for comparable late model used with 30-50k miles). Check out jeep forums like JLforums for listings of dealers that just focus on doing volume and are more than happy to do deep discounts on non-lot stock with little to no negotiation required.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first BMW was a 1983 320i, opalgrün metallik. It definitely set the hook.

Opalgrun metallik was a beautiful color. My dad had a 1982 633CSi in that same color with a black interior. Funny thing was one day he parked it in a space at the hospital where it was visible from a conference room. My dad's friend had worked really hard preparing for and giving a lecture to a bunch of the top oncologists. He told my dad he could have killed him, because after putting in all that time, at the end of his lecture he asked, "Are there any questions?" and one guy asked, "Who owns that beautiful BMW outside?" :)

Last edited:

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never sold a car or traded one in. I drive them until they can no longer be driven.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never sold a car or traded one in. I drive them until they can no longer be driven.
And then you just store them in your backyard?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads