• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

raneym305

Reaction score

Can't decide whether to liquidate some assets and get the Phantom, or get this Geo Metro I've had my eye on. The only requirement is that it needs to fit my bicycle.

Please tell me this is a joke mocking the last guy that was debating a Bentley vs. Geo Prizm.

I love seeing the cars that people really drive or other people's dream cars that I otherwise would not be exposed to due to their rarity.

But if you're looking for advice. Don't bull **** everyone with unrealistic expectations. Don't bull **** yourself with unrealistic expectations. If you want advice about a Geo Metro because that's what's in your budget, go ahead and ask for advice. I'm sure there are a couple Geo owners on here who can give you advice. But don't start your post by saying that your other choice is a Rolls Royce Phantom. No one will give you serious advice if you don't have a serious question.

In regards to your latter post: If you can afford a GT2, but can't afford a Mountain bike- get your damn finances in order and buy the Geo Metro. No woman (or guy if that's how you roll) is coming home with if you have a Phantom but can't afford to move out of your Mom's house.

On a side note, who drives a Phantom!?!? If you've got the cash for a Phantom , you better have the cash for a chauffeur!

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Please tell me this is a joke mocking the last guy that was debating a Bentley vs. Geo Prizm.
I love seeing the cars that people really drive or other people's dream cars that I otherwise would not be exposed to due to their rarity.
But if you're looking for advice. Don't bull **** everyone with unrealistic expectations. Don't bull **** yourself with unrealistic expectations. If you want advice about a Geo Metro because that's what's in your budget, go ahead and ask for advice. I'm sure there are a couple Geo owners on here who can give you advice. But don't start your post by saying that your other choice is a Rolls Royce Phantom. No one will give you serious advice if you don't have a serious question.
In regards to your latter post: If you can afford a GT2, but can't afford a Mountain bike- get your damn finances in order and buy the Geo Metro. No woman (or guy if that's how you roll) is coming home with if you have a Phantom but can't afford to move out of your Mom's house.
On a side note, who drives a Phantom!?!? If you've got the cash for a Phantom , you better have the cash for a chauffeur!

while this is good advice, the age old question still stands...Geo Vs. Rolls Royce. anyone who owns a car has dealt with this decision. Not to be taken lightly....

or serious.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Can't decide whether to liquidate some assets and get the Phantom, or get this Geo Metro I've had my eye on. The only requirement is that it needs to fit my bicycle.

:crackup:

If you were StyFo Baller, you'd do this:

Google Jon Olsson ;)

olsson3600.jpg

olsson5600.jpg

olsson600.jpg

xlarge.jpg

The R8 is all carbon PPi wide body.

mike1445

Reaction score
I hadn't seen the gtr before, I'm normally All for the Audi but that's my pick of the 4, minus the massive gold initials

martinottawa

Reaction score
I drive a 2000 VW Jetta with 225 000 kms on it. Gets me where I want to go, good handling, reasonably reliable and reasonably good on gas. Plus, being a bit beat up as it is, I don't have to treat it with kid gloves. And having an old beater of a car means that I have more money to spend on important things like shoes.

My real baby is one of these though:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Got a repair question for you guys and it doesn't warrant its own thread: I've got an 05 Toyota Corolla that I need to change out the spark plugs on. There are about 6 different types of spark plugs available, apparently. What type should I choose for a car like this? Obviously, I don't need the ultra high end ones, but should I spring for something above the cheapest ones?

Arthur PE

Reaction score
Got a repair question for you guys and it doesn't warrant its own thread: I've got an 05 Toyota Corolla that I need to change out the spark plugs on. There are about 6 different types of spark plugs available, apparently. What type should I choose for a car like this? Obviously, I don't need the ultra high end ones, but should I spring for something above the cheapest ones?

oem is the way to go
the owners manual may spec a plug

these look like the oem
from the manual

Spark plug type:1ZZ-FE engineDENSOSK16R11NGKIFR5A112ZZ-GE engineDENSOSK20R11NGKIFR6A11Spark plug gap, mm(in.):1.1(0.043)

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

do you know if you need to set the gap?
No clue what this means. My first time attempting such an operation. The AAA guy recommended them after I changed out my battery and the car was still shaking like a leaf.
either way, cheap plugs are fine, in my experience
Ah, good to know.
oem is the way to go the owners manual may spec a plug these look like the oem from the manual Spark plug type: 1ZZ-FE engine DENSOSK16R11 NGKIFR5A11 2ZZ-GE engine DENSOSK20R11 NGKIFR6A11 Spark plug gap, mm(in.): 1.1(0.043)
Art, buddy, this might as well be in German.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No clue what this means. My first time attempting such an operation. The AAA guy recommended them after I changed out my battery and the car was still shaking like a leaf.

In that case, I'd recommend finding a buddy that knows basic car maintenance and buying them a 6-pack if you aren't somewhat mechanically-inclined in general.

Though simple, there are a few things a novice can do with a spark plug change that can result in some serious damage... Tightening too much and stripping the spark plug socket theads, tightening too little and having the plug blow out of its socket, cross-threading the spark plug, etc.

But if you are wanting to try it, here's what Arthur tried to post, short of the formatting issues...

Spark plugs: NGK is the brand; IFR6A11 or IFR5A11 is the model #. Just ask the guy at the pep boys counter. Hell just give him your car model, make and year and they'll pull up a list of compatible plugs.

As for the gap, you will need a gap tool to set it.. Search youtube for 'spark plug gap' and it should explain it pretty well.

Hand-thread the spark plug into the socket to avoid cross-threading, then use a torque wrench to torque to spec.

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
my mother picked up a pristine BMW E36 Z3 from 1999 with 22K on it. Any suggestions for maintainence or basic upgrades that one may want to consider?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fasdff