• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just want to get a LC or GX because they look fvcking awesome now. I don't ever plan on going off roading in either.

I'm going to need to replace my Porsche with a family hauler sometime this year and seriously considering either a LC or GX.

I love how the LC looks. The new GX not as much but it's not bad.

Excited to see the R2 reveal.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Ngl, gf gets pissed at me for being on my phone reading SF all the time. Now I have to do most of my sh1tpoasting Mon-Fri at work.

Sounds like she should be replaced.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rivian R2 to be revealed in two days. Pricing leaked with them starting at $47k before tax credit and a 330 mile range. I have concerns about the long term health of the company but this could be a killer electric SUV.

I see so many Rivians these days (in Tahoe and in the Bay Area). From my perspective, they've completely nailed the positioning (I think of it as basically Grand Cherokee of EVs, but with a bit more innovation). Rivian seems to be the only company that is targeting people who want an SUV for traditional SUV things (not offroading as a sport but going to the mountains, etc.). The typical electric CUVS (really just tall hatchbacks like the Model Y, Mach-E, etc.) are practical and well packaged but aren't meant to address the needs of the traditional outdoor enthusiast SUV buyer.

Our current quiver is a Grand Cherokee (which we street park and use for Tahoe trips, etc.) and a small electric CUV (which lives in our garage) but would rather have something like an R2S if it were practical for our garage. If the R2S nails the size and can be produced at the promised price at volume, I think it will be a very popular solution (at least where I live). The efficiency of an electric powertrain makes up for the poor SUV aerodynamics so people won't have to "feel bad" about driving an SUV.

Hopefully the R2S is a slightly scaled down R1S and not a Bronco Sport. [EDIT: Based on what I'm seeing online, it's going to be almost exactly the same dimensions as a GLC/X3, with a longer wheelbase and more ground clearance. I think that's the right size and the proportions should be pretty good.]

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I see so many Rivians these days (in Tahoe and in the Bay Area). From my perspective, they've completely nailed the positioning (I think of it as basically Grand Cherokee of EVs, but with a bit more innovation). Rivian seems to be the only company that is targeting people who want an SUV for traditional SUV things (not offroading as a sport but going to the mountains, etc.). The typical electric CUVS (really just tall hatchbacks like the Model Y, Mach-E, etc.) are practical and well packaged but aren't meant to address the needs of the traditional outdoor enthusiast SUV buyer.

Our current quiver is a Grand Cherokee (which we street park and use for Tahoe trips, etc.) and a small electric CUV (which lives in our garage) but would rather have something like an R2S if it were practical for our garage. If the R2S nails the size and can be produced at the promised price at volume, I think it will be a very popular solution (at least where I live). The efficiency of an electric powertrain makes up for the poor SUV aerodynamics so people won't have to "feel bad" about driving an SUV.

Hopefully the R2S is a slightly scaled down R1S and not a Bronco Sport.

Going by the teaser shots my guess is it will be a smaller R1S with design tweaks.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That makes it look about the size of a Tahoe.

My guess is slightly larger than the new Land Cruiser. That’s the market they will want to go for IMO.

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My guess is slightly larger than the new Land Cruiser.
According to Reddit people it's more X3 - 185" long, 75" wide, 66" high. The new LC (not in the table below) is significantly bigger - 10" longer, 9" wider, 7" taller.
rivian-r2-specs-have-leaked-via-r2-website-v0-viu09emrufmc1.jpeg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
According to Reddit people it's more X3 - 185" long, 75" wide, 66" high. The new LC (not in the table below) is significantly bigger - 10" longer, 9" wider, 7" taller.
rivian-r2-specs-have-leaked-via-r2-website-v0-viu09emrufmc1.jpeg

Interesting. I’d have really guessed around LC size. We will know for sure Thursday.

At that size it’s going to appeal to a lot of people who don’t need or want a larger SUV. You open your market up to people without families wanting the capability of a true SUV.

I do hope they keep some of the off road capabilities that helped make the R1S special.

stormin10

Reaction score
I love how the LC looks. The new GX not as much but it's not bad.

Excited to see the R2 reveal.
I will say that I've seen the TX locally, and it looks a bit "squished" and proportionally just looks off. However, I am waiting for the GX to arrive, as that may very well be my next vehicle because while I love the Defender, I hate dealing with LR service issues, etc.

The LC is a great-looking car; it just, unfortunately, doesn't have the power to make it a "reasonable" buy in that price range.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I’m hoping for an EV Sienna with that 900 mile battery Toyota is working on.

That said, our neighbor has a Fiskar Ocean, which seems nice too.
The Fisker has already had a couple of serious issues with loss of braking and rollaways. Also, the company seems extremely tenuous, more even than Lucid.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YTLCourses