• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arthur PE

Reaction score
while I agree, that any moving body through a fluid suffers drag, small differences of magnitude with modern cars of similar Cd and frontal area
it basically cancels in any comparison of similar speeds (A and Cd are linear with speed, velocity by the square)
drag force = 1/2 x density x A x Cd x V^2
my car has a Cd x A ~ 8 sq ft
but at 30 mph (44 ft/sec) V^2 is 2000 (vs 8 or say a car with 20% higher 10), Cd x A means little in the overall magnitude of losses
even less when rolling resistance, driveline losses and accel.

While aero off the line is meaningless, its effects are certainly present much earlier than 100 mph. In fact aero plays at even 30 mph.
I agree way too much emphasis is placed on HP (the engines ability to maintain RPM). Torque (the engine's ability to accelerate) is much more valuable for daily drivers.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

while I agree, that any moving body through a fluid suffers drag, small differences of magnitude with modern cars of similar Cd and frontal area
it basically cancels in any comparison of similar speeds (A and Cd are linear with speed, velocity by the square)
drag force = 1/2 x density x A x Cd x V^2
my car has a Cd x A ~ 8 sq ft
but at 30 mph (44 ft/sec) V^2 is 2000 (vs 8 or say a car with 20% higher 10), Cd x A means little in the overall magnitude of losses
even less when rolling resistance, driveline losses and accel.

When I see a dog with this face out the window at 30, his tongue sure be flapping about.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
my foot x arthurs ass^nth power = him shutting the **** up and pissing off once and for all

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

cgt is sick as ****, my buddy had one and the v10 with targa off is unreal, sounds like a formula one car
here it is in 05 at the crystal cove meet when I used to go (this was before cars and coffee existed)
2OMVf.png

just saw this.

that's your buddy? he looks like VRAlexqander..

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Nah not him, didn't VR pass awhile back?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nah not him, didn't VR pass awhile back?

yeah.. which is why i asked.

i read online in forums that he swindled lots of money out of his business partner(s). dont know if that's true though.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saw a Ferrari FF in the flesh for the first time yesterday, I don't get the hate, it looks great IRL.

It needs better wheels though, just like the California.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Saw a Ferrari FF in the flesh for the first time yesterday, I don't get the hate, it looks great IRL.

Cant agree with this. That car is ugly just like that BMW Z coupe is.

Ferrari dont get enough **** for some of their ugly designs over the years. The 400, Mondial, 308 gt4, the F50 is hopeless.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

love it - not beautiful in the classic way - but beautiful in its edginess. same for the "clownshoe" z coupe (not the latest incarnation).

anyway, MORE MATHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member