• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Saw a white Model X on the road this last weekend. It looked like an egg. Didn't care for it.

Haven't seen one in person yet but it does look odd due to the lack of a grill. It just looks strange -- not in a repulsive way. Just strange.

/Global Head of YouTube Video Armchair Analysis

Last edited:

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I keep thinking that self-driving cars are a much bigger game changer than the locomotion technology. Rough future for truckers and cabbies.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I keep thinking that self-driving cars are a much bigger game changer than the locomotion technology. Rough future for truckers and cabbies.

Honestly, the trucker thing wouldn't even exist as much as it does today if our rail system was better.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You all can have your future with self driving cars. I'll be the Will Smith character in I Robot who mistrusts all machines and hoards his ancient internal combustion vehicles in a secret garage

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Just watched the evening news. Apparently Jeep Cherokees, and possibly some other Chrysler product, have an electronic shift mechanism like what one finds on Mercedes (makes sense for some shared tech between them). Well, some of the owners are suing because you don't get the mechanical "clunk" of an older style transmission.

So, I guess Mercedes drivers really are superior to Chrysler drivers? :confused:

deepitm

Reaction score

Haven't seen one in person yet but it does look odd due to the lack of a grill. It just looks strange -- not in a repulsive way. Just strange.

/Global Head of YouTube Video Armchair Analysis

I agree that it looks really weird. Saw a white one on the street on Friday and I didn't like it. Egg is a great description @whiteslashasian

Btw, how many Tesla drivers actually floor their cars? I feel like acceleration is one of the key selling points of electric and yet I never see Teslas zipping down on ramps or off dead stops. I do see that with other high performance cars (being driven hard). Maybe it's just that it has the ability but most Tesla drivers aren't really that kind of driver.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just watched the evening news. Apparently Jeep Cherokees, and possibly some other Chrysler product, have an electronic shift mechanism like what one finds on Mercedes (makes sense for some shared tech between them). Well, some of the owners are suing because you don't get the mechanical "clunk" of an older style transmission.

So, I guess Mercedes drivers really are superior to Chrysler drivers?
confused.gif

Haha, suing under what grounds?

"My car doesn't make the sound I like. I bought it of my own accord and now I'm going to throw a tantrum."

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree that it looks really weird. Saw a white one on the street on Friday and I didn't like it. Egg is a great description @whiteslashasian

Btw, how many Tesla drivers actually floor their cars? I feel like acceleration is one of the key selling points of electric and yet I never see Teslas zipping down on ramps or off dead stops. I do see that with other high performance cars (being driven hard). Maybe it's just that it has the ability but most Tesla drivers aren't really that kind of driver.

Most Tesla driver enthusiasm is all but spent after the DMV has accepted their perfect 7 character license plate combination that reminds others the novelty of their car/themselves.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Haha, suing under what grounds?

"My car doesn't make the sound I like. I bought it of my own accord and now I'm going to throw a tantrum."

The claim is folks being unable to discern if they're in R, D, or P because a) it doesn't make that "clunk" and I'm thinking probably b) **** that gear shift selector display anyways!

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The claim is folks being unable to discern if they're in R, D, or P because a) it doesn't make that "clunk" and I'm thinking probably b) **** that gear shift selector display anyways!

Yeah. Listening to/feeling a clunk is a pretty hilarious way to judge a shift when there are myriad other things telling you where you are.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Semi-related, but this gear selector talk reminds me of my old Dallas roommate. Whenever he would reverse out of a parking spot, he would shift into D before coming to a full stop. Made me wince every single time.

Poor transmission :(

Last edited:

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Piob,

That is true, however having had the MB and currently the Grand Cherokee, I will say that after two months of ownership, I still haven't mastered the Chrysler shifter. The MB one was a wand on the steering column that was intuitive, while the Jeep one is on the console and counter intuitive. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a big recall over this, although not sure what they can really do. Might still be kicking myself for not grabbing a Q5 instead of the Jeep.

So, I guess Mercedes drivers really are superior to Chrysler drivers? :confused:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mafgd