• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cars on the Street in Tokyo

bramiro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
92970067.jpg

92970068.jpg

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti making a u-turn and stopping in traffic long enough for me to come even with it for another photo.

Holy moly I think I am in love with this car.

i.gif

i.gif

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montyharding
Are Mitsuokas seen quite frequently? Most if not all of them are ugly as sin, I just can't understand why they would sell any cars at all.

If the vulgar Freudian theory of automobiles holds true, the only people who would drive these things are guys who feel they have to compensate for having really huge dicks.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the vulgar Freudian theory of automobiles holds true, the only people who would drive these things are guys who feel they have to compensate for having really huge dicks.

That I think only works with their Kei/Super-deformed Jag lookin models. Not the Orochi:
Mitsuoka_Orochi_Nude_Top_Roadstar.JPG

It always makes me think of this:

lolwut.jpg

Sherman90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tokyo looks like an amaaaaaaaazing place. Not to stray too far off topic, but how much would it cost to live there for, say, 2-3 months???

w.mj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sherman90
Tokyo looks like an amaaaaaaaazing place. Not to stray too far off topic, but how much would it cost to live there for, say, 2-3 months???

Depends on where you are, but I believe the scientific term is "a boatload."

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aston Martin in Ginza, Widelux F7, Fujichrome Provia 100F.
A fish, nantucket? What focal length? ~ H

Full Canvas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somebody really doesn't deserve this Porsche Speedster!

3774316887_b767e79d16_b.jpg

Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
^It's more of a 911 Cabriolet, no?

Porsche made a couple of thousand 911 Speedsters in 1989. They were not as bare bones as the early 356 Speedsters. But, the 911 Speedsters had a manually operated single layer cloth rag top (not the thick, padded cloth top of the cabriolet) and hand-cranked roll-up windows instead of side curtains.

You can see the side window fully raised is much lower than that of a cabriolet and its rear corner has a noticeable radius. Also note the rear wheels arches with splash guards from the 911 Turbo in the photo above. All of the production run was built on the Turbo chassis and most of the cars had Turbo bodywork.

___

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you are doing nothing but hanging out, you can get a Weekly mansion for about 1000-1200 a month on the low low end or stay at a gaijin house (I'm not sure which is worse, but I personally would take the mansion). If you eat out every day expect to bring at least 3-4k to live cheap as **** in Tokyo. If you make your own food you can live cheaply but ok for that much.

Personally I pay about 1k a month for all my bills and rent (not including food) for a decent sized 1dk (measured as 13 tatami mats of living space +Kitchen, laundry/shower room, water closet) , though the floors are all hardwood) with a large loft, but I dont live in Tokyo (just across the river from it though) and am on a 2 year contract that I had to pay about $4k sign and was very very lucky finding a place as large as mine for how little I pay.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Area is still measured in tatamis? Awesome.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.mj
Depends on where you are, but I believe the scientific term is "a boatload."
I feel as though my years of Tokyo thrift training would enable me to live at a minimum level (shelter/food/subway) for around $1700 U.S. a month. It would require a bit of advance planning to secure a room for the time I am there, though. Aside from this inconvenience, I would probably be perfectly fine. I have gone there on VACATION for three weeks, stayed in a hotel, and spent less than $900 the entire time I was there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads