• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WilYa

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently joined this forum after browsing through this thread for the past few days. I've been eyeing the double monk strap for a while now, but my brain can't get around the UK vs US size conversions online. My US size is 8.5 D. I contacted Pediwear and Skoaktiebolaget about sizing over the past couple of days, and am not sure what to do. Pediwear suggest that I go with 8 UK (according to their size guidelines, that's equivalent to 8.5 US, and my gut tells me this would be too big), whereas Skoak said that both 7 and 7.5 would fit, as the 234 last is a little longer and wider.

Thanks a lot!
Definitely no UK8, what shoes are you wearing at US8.5D?

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently joined this forum after browsing through this thread for the past few days. I've been eyeing the double monk strap for a while now, but my brain can't get around the UK vs US size conversions online. My US size is 8.5 D. I contacted Pediwear and Skoaktiebolaget about sizing over the past couple of days, and am not sure what to do. Pediwear suggest that I go with 8 UK (according to their size guidelines, that's equivalent to 8.5 US, and my gut tells me this would be too big), whereas Skoak said that both 7 and 7.5 would fit, as the 234 last is a little longer and wider.

Thanks a lot!

I am a US13 and Skoak recommended UK11.5 or UK12. My foot is E width so the told me to go UK12. I could definitely fit UK11.5 length, but it would have been too narrow.

Last edited:

shoewarma

Reaction score
Definitely no UK8, what shoes are you wearing at US8.5D?
I currently only have Allen Edmonds Liverpool and Dundee 2.0. The Dundee 2.0 is a 9 D and is a bit bigger, though it still fits. Everything else I have is 8.5.

Last edited:

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks a lot!

I currently only have Allen Edmonds Liverpool and Dundee 2.0. The Dundee 2.0 is a 9 D and is a bit bigger, though it still fits. Everything else I have is 8.5.

Definitely NOT an 8.0 UK. 7.5 to be safe I would say. I own a Carlos Santos 234 last boot and I go one size down from my AE size. So I wear 10 D in AE and 9 UK in the 234. It is long and does have a decent amount of volume in the toebox, but it also has a snug feeling from the midfoot back to the heel. The 7 would be a possibility if you were a borderline 8/8.5.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks a lot!
My usual size is 7.5 US (different brands) and I own a pair of 234 last boots (Herring "Churchstow" by Carlos Santos) that I reviewed here. In my experience with the CS 234 last: 7.5 US = 6 UK, in your case 8.5 US should be 7 UK.

Hope this helps. :)

shoewarma

Reaction score
I guess the best and safest option at this point is to go with a 7.5 UK from Pediwear, even though they suggested 8 UK which I'm confident would be too big. Hopefully it works out. Thanks, y'all!

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely NOT an 8.0 UK. 7.5 to be safe I would say. I own a Carlos Santos 234 last boot and I go one size down from my AE size. So I wear 10 D in AE and 9 UK in the 234. It is long and does have a decent amount of volume in the toebox, but it also has a snug feeling from the midfoot back to the heel. The 7 would be a possibility if you were a borderline 8/8.5.
Thanks for this data. How is the instep room compared to AE 201 or 108? I have both of those in 9.5D and the 108 fits me better due to the lower instep, and I can handle its toe taper. The 201 is borderline too big. Have wondered how the CS234 last compares in that regard, as I have read that it is fairly roomy. Is 8.5UK my safest bet?

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this data. How is the instep room compared to AE 201 or 108? I have both of those in 9.5D and the 108 fits me better due to the lower instep, and I can handle its toe taper. The 201 is borderline too big. Have wondered how the CS234 last compares in that regard, as I have read that it is fairly roomy. Is 8.5UK my safest bet?
Unfortunately, I don't own anything in the 201 or 108 and have never tried them. What's your 65 or 511 size?

Paul902

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't own anything in the 201 or 108 and have never tried them. What's your 65 or 511 size?
Oddly, unknown. I don't have anything in either of those common lasts. During Daltongate I was advised that 511 is TTS, so I expect I would be 9.5D, like I am in most footwear.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oddly, unknown. I don't have anything in either of those common lasts. During Daltongate I was advised that 511 is TTS, so I expect I would be 9.5D, like I am in most footwear.
I don't think the 234 has a high instep, just normal. So I would go for the 8.5 UK. Are you choosing boot or shoe?

Carl1955

Reaction score
5b0319bd597ed71aae45198b

30% off Carlos Santos for June

Use Coupon Code: 30SANTOS

Valid until 30th June 2018

https://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/collections/carlos-santos

Carl.

shabbytraddy

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been covered already, but can anyone comment about the pricing on CS between AFPOS and Skoaktiebolaget? Seems like the base CS pricing on identical models is ~$100US higher at AFPOS. I'm obviously missing something, I know...

WilYa

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been covered already, but can anyone comment about the pricing on CS between AFPOS and Skoaktiebolaget? Seems like the base CS pricing on identical models is ~$100US higher at AFPOS. I'm obviously missing something, I know...
For non-EU customer, the usd price you see at Skoak is exVAT (25%off) while AFPOS only remove 20%VAT at check-out. Therefore the true base price for Skoak is 2480sek (282usd) and 220.8GBP(295usd) for AFPOS. The difference is the 5%VAT difference in these 2 countries.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads