• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canada Goose

Hero878

Reaction score
My apologies another one of those what size should I get posts...

I went instore to try on the Citadel in S and M. S felt snug especially around my shoulders whereas M felt loose but very comfortable.
The sales assistant said he preferred the S on me whereas the M was baggy around my arms he said.
I was only wearing a shirt and a short sleeved short when trying them on.

I am 5ft8 (173cm), weigh 143lbs (65kg), 35in chest, 30 waist.

I am currently going to the gym though so hope to put on another 10kg (22lbs) in the near future though so I am a bit concerned if S will become too small. But I read online of people larger than me who wear S in the parkas.

What is the fit of the Citadel like compared to Langford and Chateau? I realised they are all slim fit but have heard they fit differently?

Couldn't found an S Chateau but tried an M and it felt really comfortable and not snug. Arms weren't overly long either.

any advice would be appreciated thanks!

tedbearz

Reaction score
I believe the Citadel and the Chateau fit the same. I wear the same size in both.

My apologies another one of those what size should I get posts...

I went instore to try on the Citadel in S and M. S felt snug especially around my shoulders whereas M felt loose but very comfortable.
The sales assistant said he preferred the S on me whereas the M was baggy around my arms he said.
I was only wearing a shirt and a short sleeved short when trying them on.

I am 5ft8 (173cm), weigh 143lbs (65kg), 35in chest, 30 waist. 

I am currently going to the gym though so hope to put on another 10kg (22lbs) in the near future though so I am a bit concerned if S will become too small. But I read online of people larger than me who wear S in the parkas.

What is the fit of the Citadel like compared to Langford and Chateau? I realised they are all slim fit but have heard they fit differently?

Couldn't found an S Chateau but tried an M and it felt really comfortable and not snug. Arms weren't overly long either.

any advice would be appreciated thanks!

Hero878

Reaction score
I got a Canada Goose Langford Parka in October last year. But it looks worn around the sleeves by my wrists and the inner seam of the arms already!!!
I have only had light use of it as its been pretty warm this winter and I have only been wearing it to walk around town and driving.

It is navy and the material around the inner seam is turning white...probably due to the friction of the arms touching the jacket when I walk.

But worst of all some of the threading around the sleeves have broken and I have noticed 3 of the stitches have gone.
How is this possible on such an expensive parka? What quality cotton do they use to stitch these parkas?

Thirdly the elastic cuffs have had quite a few loose threads coming off also. I had to get the scissors out and cut them off before they became longer.

This is totally a legit parka bought from an authorised dealer in the UK. I paid the full retail price for.

Has anyone else had similar problems with their jackets? And are you bothered?
I am quite bothered about the 3 missing stitches even though it is minor.

I can post photos if anyone wants to see.

Thanks

Last edited:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had same issue, shot them an email with pictures, got response something along the line of: We try to use eco friendly materials.
Wait for little more wear and tear, then ship it back to us we will repair them with minimal cost (which in my experience is most likely free of charge).
The quality may have dwindled a bit but their customer service is still impeccable, if you are in NA. That said, I am now in Korea so I am pretty much screwed (shipping to Canada = $70)

brianoh

Reaction score
CG sold out to Bain Capital. Bain went through with some abhorrent practices to the consumers over Sealy Mattress (whom they also acquired)- it's a common case study that iterates how PE firms work. CG won't be an exception.

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CG sold out to Bain Capital. Bain went through with some abhorrent practices to the consumers over Sealy Mattress (whom they also acquired)- it's a common case study that iterates how PE firms work. CG won't be an exception.

Yep. It's no surprise either that quality has dwindled and prices have jumped. I have a CG vest I rarely wear but I bought it before CG sold out to Bain. Needless to say, they won't be getting any more of my money

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They didn't raise the prices, they homogenised them, so they are the same worldwide. Before they did that the is market paid 30% of what the international market paid.

I bought a jacket in 02 and another one in 08 and there was visible quality differences on them, but the first jacket had issues with the pocket Velcro ruining the cuffs.

Last edited:

brianoh

Reaction score

They didn't raise the prices, they homogenised them, so they are the same worldwide. Before they did that the is market paid 30% of what the international market paid.

I bought a jacket in 02 and another one in 08 and there was visible quality differences on them, but the first jacket had issues with the pocket Velcro ruining the cuffs.

I don't know dude, I copped the Chateau a few seasons ago for 550ish, and now it's $825. Also, USD > any currency atm, so it's difficult to try to make the prices the same world wide. Nick Young ??

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The chilliwack I bought back in 02-03 was $220 in the US and $662 in Denmark, today it's $700. I got a friends dad in the US to forward it for me, so i sold it 8ish years later for more than what I paid.

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought this would be a good thread to ask: I'm looking to buy my wife a new winter parka. Unfortunately, so many down coats now are made with lighter weight materials which, in our experience, reduces their warmth - especially in windy conditions. She liked the look of CG and especially the fur hood liner which is more substantial than some of the faux liners on a number of other coats. If CG quality is going down, what are other options for a CG-style parka (mens and womens) that still is high quality?

brianoh

Reaction score

The chilliwack I bought back in 02-03 was $220 in the US and $662 in Denmark, today it's $700. I got a friends dad in the US to forward it for me, so i sold it 8ish years later for more than what I paid.

Not gonna lie. Did the same on Grailed and bought myself a SA x Spiewak n3b for 1/2 the price.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I thought this would be a good thread to ask: I'm looking to buy my wife a new winter parka. Unfortunately, so many down coats now are made with lighter weight materials which, in our experience, reduces their warmth - especially in windy conditions. She liked the look of CG and especially the fur hood liner which is more substantial than some of the faux liners on a number of other coats. If CG quality is going down, what are other options for a CG-style parka (mens and womens) that still is high quality?

Norwegian Rain and OSC

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics