• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canada Goose

mgc232

Reaction score
^ the branta "italian luxury" collection is their collaboration with loro piana. i have the como parka from two seasons ago. it actually comes without a cg patch. it had a metal emblem on the front placket instead. yes, it cost a heck of a lot more than other cg coats, but i wanted something dressier and the wool exterior makes it look more like a dress coat than a ski jacket. the storm system treatment actually makes the wool waterproof too so when i wear it during colder rainy days, the water beads right off. needless to say, i highly recommend it to anyone. i know harry rosen stocks those each season. i've also seen them at boutiques like toronto's uncle otis. i think my mother purchased a travel collection coat for my father at sporting life, if you want a live look at those. those aren't wool, but the mono-coloured patch doesn't stand out as much as the white and red ones.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ the branta "italian luxury" collection is their collaboration with loro piana. i have the como parka from two seasons ago. it actually comes without a cg patch. it had a metal emblem on the front placket instead. yes, it cost a heck of a lot more than other cg coats, but i wanted something dressier and the wool exterior makes it look more like a dress coat than a ski jacket. the storm system treatment actually makes the wool waterproof too so when i wear it during colder rainy days, the water beads right off. needless to say, i highly recommend it to anyone. i know harry rosen stocks those each season. i've also seen them at boutiques like toronto's uncle otis. i think my mother purchased a travel collection coat for my father at sporting life, if you want a live look at those. those aren't wool, but the mono-coloured patch doesn't stand out as much as the white and red ones.

^^Balla :happy:

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wanted to try Branta but then I was worried if CG's signature "Get wet, get hot" character would be there in a $1X00 jacket. :embar:

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the sizing universal across all jackets from Canda Goose?

My chest is 34, waist is 29 and arms are 32 (measuring from the neck).

I'm looking at this jacket, but I'm thinking the S is not small enough for me and would probably need an XS.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/...=Canada Goose&spp=5&ppp=96&sp=1&rid=82&spc=12

This jacket has an XS, but would prefer the above jacket.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/...=Canada Goose&spp=2&ppp=96&sp=1&rid=82&spc=12

Since XS doesn't exist for the first jacket, does it mean the S is equivalent to the XS in link 2?

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately not. Depending on the jacket they fit quite differently.

The Borden fits TTS from memory, can't remember about the Langford.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately not. Depending on the jacket they fit quite differently.

The Borden fits TTS from memory, can't remember about the Langford.

Based on my body size, do you think I can fit the Borden?

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even XS might be roomy for you. IIRC Japanese CG has XS model which converts to XXS Canada size.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even XS might be roomy for you. IIRC Japanese CG has XS model which converts to XXS Canada size.
Are you sure?

I'm basically an XS in mail brands such as in Jcrew, Uniqlo and BR. Comparing these brands to GC, even an XS is still roomy for me? Dang.....

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Not solved because my other clothes will not fit....and I would think that is way more expensive to adjust all my other clothing. CG doesn't cater to 29inch waist and 34 inch chest dudes?

brianoh

Reaction score
Jumped on board the **** aesthetics/**** popular **** and bought a Chateau. I have a Moncler and Veliance, both of which weren't keeping me warm enough. I think it's total pleb wear, but it's keeping me warm, so I love it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads