• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canada Goose

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is CG from Altrec (store out of Oregon) authentic? It's no longer listed on CG website as authorized dealers (I think in the past it did), and all their CG stuff is at 30-40% off (red flag?)

Edit: chatted with their live agent, and they said CG took them off the list because they are not carrying new CG this season. They said they'd be on and off at list.

Last edited:

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Not sure about the US, but CG pretty much never goes on sale publicly (online) in Canada. If a retailer were to do that w/o CG's authorization, they would be removed from the authorized dealers list.

Perhaps they're clearing their remaining stock and no longer want to be a dealer? You should e-mail them.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some things have started to go sale for the last couple of years here, maybe due to the fast every sport retailer in the city carries CG and Nobia and I highly doubt that there's a market for all those jackets year after year.

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Some things have started to go sale for the last couple of years here, maybe due to the fast every sport retailer in the city carries CG and Nobia and I highly doubt that there's a market for all those jackets year after year.

Whats the consensus for when to pick up the best deal on CG in US retailers/online retailers? The most I've seen is 50% off, still going on at DJ Bennett. Any veteran wanna pitch in?

malaysian

Reaction score
Anyone knows how the fitting is for Borden bomber? Fits true to size or do I need to size up/down?

Where can I find it in New York? I've tried going to bloomingdale but couldn't find it. (only can see it on their online store)

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Whats the consensus for when to pick up the best deal on CG in US retailers/online retailers? The most I've seen is 50% off, still going on at DJ Bennett. Any veteran wanna pitch in?

I don't live in the us, so I wouldn't know, but a the end of season, if you want something at a discount.

chet31

Reaction score
Altrec is a legitimate retailer of outdoor products. Highly doubt they would sell unauthentic goods. The 50% discount offered by DJ Bennett is about the best I've ever heard of - jump on it.

svelten

Reaction score
Forgive my fashion ignorance, but can someone please point me to some stylish alternatives to CG as a starting point? I just moved to Calgary and my assortment of wool overcoats and peacoats seriously ain't gonna cut it. I've got a budget of under $1K. I have trouble finding Moncler stuff that I like. I just want a supercoat that I can basically throw on and not freeze to death. I don't think suggestions like "just layer" "wear a scarf" etc. are always practical, sensible or ideal.

What are some thoughts on the Branta collection? http://www.canada-goose.com/collections/travel/

Last edited:

bertie

Reaction score
CG is not a bad choice for Calgary. They mostly look like blacked out parkas which lots of folks wear. Moncler will stand out a lot more both from styling and fabric perspective. Depends a bit on how much time you spend outside as well and whether you wear jackets/suits underneath.

I have a North Face Parka that looks like a CG (except for the logo of course). I use when it gets colder than minus 25 but that honestly does not happen that much anymore. I also have a down Penfield parka for weekends and driving to the ski hill. For most work days I wear a wool coat over suit. Lots of folks just use their warmer ski jacket when it gets colder. It is not a very formal city.

malaysian

Reaction score
Does anyone know how common folks wear CG in NYC? Thinking of copping a pair but don't want to look like everyone else. My only other option is Moncler but I'm leaning more towards CG due to design wise and CG feels like it can last longer.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Does anyone know how common folks wear CG in NYC? Thinking of copping a pair but don't want to look like everyone else. My only other option is Moncler but I'm leaning more towards CG due to design wise and CG feels like it can last longer.

Not sure I understand that.....common folks put the jacket on and zip it up!

Do you mean how common it is to see people in NYC with CG? If so.....people wear CG. You won't be alone.....

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn plebs putting on coats and zipping them, what's next putting pants on the right way round.

Better wear your coat inside out so people can see you are not commoner.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Damn plebs putting on coats and zipping them, what's next putting pants on the right way round.

Better wear your coat inside out so people can see you are not commoner.
Ha

malaysian

Reaction score
My bad, I meant how "common" it is to see people wearing CG in NYC, not "common folks."

Anyway just wondering which bomber jacket is the slimmest- is it the Borden bomber?

Singer22 is having 20% storewide but my size is all sold out :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads