• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can I just say...I LOVE Marshalls

jabreal00

Reaction score
I have never seen anything good at any Marshall I have ever been to. For those who mentioned seeing, D&G, it is just crap to me. Most of the other dress shirts there fit like tents. I'd rather stalk Brooks Brothers for sales on their shirts 3 for $159 or just do the three for $199 for the slim or extra slim rather than contending with the hoards at Marshall rummaging through the heaps of junk.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Homey said pink Himalayan sea salt...

L
2dwfa3g

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marshalls/TJM are an abomination: leave me deeply depressed any time I go there. The only sheet I get there are socks and underwear....wait a moment, I bought some suitcases there too

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BLU8
I've bought a number of ties from Marshalls/TJ Maxx that were made by Haines & Bonner, & I love 'em. They look & feel pretty nice. Probably not up to SF standards, but I certainly enjoy wearing them.

I bought one or two of those as well. Not bad. I also have picked up 5-6 Brooks Brothers ties at TJ and Marshalls.

Mike

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
I bought one or two of those as well. Not bad. I also have picked up 5-6 Brooks Brothers ties at TJ and Marshalls.

Mike

Just mentioned you in the English/British thread. Thought you might like to know.

bobbers

Reaction score
Earlier this year I saw Ralph Lauren Purple Label three piece suits for $999 at Marshalls. Once in a while I'll see Allen Edmonds (usually loafers) in the shoe department.

But still not worth going out of my way to dig through 99.999% crap to get to one nice item if I'm lucky.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bobbers
Earlier this year I saw Ralph Lauren Purple Label three piece suits for $999 at Marshalls.

hell yeah if i saw that at my marshalls im gonna pull off a bellagio and caper that muthaf*ka cuz only 80 yr old senioritis b*tchez work at that joint dem cant stop me with my panythose on my head

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bobbers
Earlier this year I saw Ralph Lauren Purple Label three piece suits for $999 at Marshalls. Once in a while I'll see Allen Edmonds (usually loafers) in the shoe department.

But still not worth going out of my way to dig through 99.999% crap to get to one nice item if I'm lucky.

I don't know what I'd do if I saw RLPL at Marshalls

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like Marshalls is expanding into Canada. Link here.

I guess after going through this thread I shouldn't be too excited.

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this thread should be renamed "This is why Marshalls sucks"

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've never been to a Marshalls except when a friend or family member from out of town wanted to go. Not sure why they and TJ Maxx have gotten a "must go" reputation to foreign tourists.

Anyway, was bored the one time I went and flipped through a rack and found some RRL selvage jeans. Interesting

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjornb17
The signs in the store advertise it as a "treasure hunt."

That is what makes it fun. Like whe my dad walked over to me holding the pair of Borrelli suede longwings at Filene's and said "these are your style, aren't they?" Yeah, they are...especially off of the clearance rack for under $100.

This is why I also enjoy thrifting...a good treasure hunt is good fun.

Mike

Jay

Reaction score
The Marshalls in Arlington, VA has RLPL suits every time I go there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads