• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can I just say...I LOVE Marshalls

Wackadoodle

Reaction score
The TJ Maxx near me is good for bedsheets, cookware and the like. But as far as clothes are concerned, its been a bust. Anything I find that's at all worthwhile is way, way too big.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The nicest brand I have seen at Marshall's is Tumi. It wasn't cheap.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
Like Daffys but instead of Mabitex, they carry John Lobbs, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Edward Green, Vass, Oxxford, and WW Chan.
Well you must be somewhat serious because you made the post about switching the JL label with a pair of Converse. -LR

Jay

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ljrcustom
Are you serious? Where do you live? I've never seen JL, EG, or Vass at Marshalls.

-LR

He's not serious. Look at his post above.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
ak-yall-niggas-postin-in-a-troll-thread.jpg

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best I have found at mine is Polo stuff. I buy shirts there quite often. My local TJ Maxx had a pile of D&G dress shirts for a while. I knew they would never sell at the original price, which was around $149.00 IIRC, when they were finally dumped in the clearance section at $39.99, my size was gone. No big loss. That was probably the highest ticket item I have seen at my local stores. Of course, I live in the Suburbs of New Orleans and we are not really known as a high rent retail area..so I can see why I am not going to find Brioni at mine.

Mike

Platform

Reaction score
^ hilarious. echoing what everybody said about finding nothing good at Marshalls. best i've found at my local Marshalls are polo polos

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
if they offer RLPL then it may be worth a walk through.im on long island and there are marshals and TJMax all over the place...

on a side note-i find the use of the N bomb highly offensive.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Platform
^ hilarious. echoing what everybody said about finding nothing good at Marshalls. best i've found at my local Marshalls are polo polos

Well, I have found some "better" blue label items there and since I wear Polo dress shirts, it is fine with me. I am happy to get a custom fit Regent for $39.99 or whatever, instead of full retail.

Still, I would love to walk in and find something truly extraordinary. Filene's is good for that...but I only go when I visit my dad in Miami. We don't have one.

We do have this place called UAL, United Apparel Liquidators, they used to carry some nice men's stuff. I can remember when they had 4-5 RLPL suits in the shop. Back then, I really didn't know what they were, except that they were a high end RL product. The suits were all new and all around $250. I decided to wait until they were marked lower, but when I went back they were gone. I guess someone knew better than I did. Today, I would buy them all.....

Mike

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Like Daffys but instead of Mabitex, they carry John Lobbs, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Edward Green, Vass, Oxxford, and WW Chan.

I've been to a few Marshalls stores, and I've never found ANYTHING approaching these labels. The nicest thing I've ever seen there were some HSM shirts. Mine mostly carries crap you'd find at Macy's, like CK, Polo, Izod, etc.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I found an unstructured PRL sport coat for $70 at Marshall's once. Best I've found.

A couple months ago, my local Marshall's was flooded with PRL blackwatch sportcoats. They were all pretty baggy.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
I found an unstructured PRL sport coat for $70 at Marshall's once. Best I've found.

A couple months ago, my local Marshall's was flooded with PRL blackwatch sportcoats. They were all pretty baggy.

Ohhhhhhh my next acquisition. I love that pattern.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well I'm not serious about swapping stickers, but I'm serious about Marshalls carrying WW Chan.

Fair enough sir, you got me. I apologize for any potential besmirch on your honour.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads