• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just cancelled my store after ~5 years. I wondered if it was just me whose sales had tanked since the Good Til Cancelled thing started. Basically w/ good til cancelled my items never pop back into someones saved searches.

I see I am not alone though.

Now I will just run some auctions and flush my inventory and give up my hobby, just seems like a waste of time now.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
“We put the hassle in hassle-free”
More like the hassle is yours and the free is the buyers. The absurdity of the reply stating you have to get them to admit it before returning. I mean what is the repercussion if he sent you back a rock instead? "Well sir, you see you need to make him admit that he is sending a rock back before accepting a return of said rock." Basically short of them sending a video saying they are scamming you (before you accept the return obviously), you are protected from nothing except someone with a brain taking your phone call at eBay...

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More like the hassle is yours and the free is the buyers. The absurdity of the reply stating you have to get them to admit it before returning. I mean what is the repercussion if he sent you back a rock instead? "Well sir, you see you need to make him admit that he is sending a rock back before accepting a return of said rock." Basically short of them sending a video saying they are scamming you (before you accept the return obviously), you are protected from nothing except someone with a brain taking your phone call at eBay...

The real point is the buyer ADMITTED he altered the item. Doesn’t really matter when he admits it... except to eBay because they’re douche bags.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The real point is the buyer ADMITTED he altered the item. Doesn’t really matter when he admits it... except to eBay because they’re douche bags.
I'm totally with you. It is crazy to think you'd get an admission before you know anything is wrong if you accept returns... Admission after the fact should certainly be acceptable proof to close in your favor. Defies logic.
@M2511 I'll echo what others are saying, but what the rep told you is completely backwards. I'd call back and speak with someone else. They admitted to ruining your item prior to returning it; when that happened doesn't matter.
Not my item, but it sounds like he exhausted the options of calling them with it having been his 6th call I believe he stated.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just cancelled my store after ~5 years. I wondered if it was just me whose sales had tanked since the Good Til Cancelled thing started. Basically w/ good til cancelled my items never pop back into someones saved searches.

I see I am not alone though.

Now I will just run some auctions and flush my inventory and give up my hobby, just seems like a waste of time now.
It’s completely **** as is the whole Sales Tax thing now. A waste of time

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And blocked... I'm resisting the temptation to respond, "Certainly not to you..."

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 6.56.03 PM.png

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s completely **** as is the whole Sales Tax thing now. A waste of time

You do realize that the sales tax thing is not Ebay's doing, right? Call your state representatives if you want to complain about this...

My sales seem to be healthy, given how much effort I'm putting into this, which is nowhere near what I was doing in 2017... That year, I averaged more than $3,000 in sales per week. Right now, I'm in the $1200-1400 range, on about 1/3 of the hours put in as I was doing in 2017.

haloitsme

Reaction score
I am wondering about the 25% tax on imports to the USA, as I am a foreign seller, does the Deminimus 800$ changes?
As of sales tax, that's a US-only thing, right?

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You do realize that the sales tax thing is not Ebay's doing, right? Call your state representatives if you want to complain about this...

My sales seem to be healthy, given how much effort I'm putting into this, which is nowhere near what I was doing in 2017... That year, I averaged more than $3,000 in sales per week. Right now, I'm in the $1200-1400 range, on about 1/3 of the hours put in as I was doing in 2017.
Well done to you Sir.
No point calling my State representative, as I am not allowed to vote (not a US Citizen). I understand that it is not EBay's doing. Never the less it has certainly taken a little of the shine off doing business on EBay (buying specifically)...

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I though it was an “E-Commerce” sales tax for all e commerce platforms not just eBay. Am i wrong?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads