• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your new avatar is really upsetting me. Just sayin'.

Sorry man, I was messing around in Illustrator last night. I've noticed that my skills are slipping because I haven't used it professionally for so long. I need to keep those keyboard shortcuts fresh. I'll do something with parrots and flowers soon.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really don't understand what the problem is. Get a lint brush, remove the cat hair, relist it. Or as you said, give it away and don't deal with womens clothing. What does it matter what she paid to ship it to you? You're not going to refund that cost to her anyway. If she complains about it, deal with it THEN, don't worry about it NOW.

Am I missing something? I really just don't understand.

No, you're not missing anything, and yeah, taking a breath would be a good idea. My concern, largely, is in the what-if arena: Would eBay side with her if she demands I pay for shipping, is my accepting a return an acknowledgement that I screwed up and so she's entitled? I don't do this enough to know. Perhaps trivial, but there's also anger at someone treating a piece this nice like a pair of Dockers (I do get attached, even when I flip). I suspect the rumpling isn't going to go away, and that's going to make resale more difficult than it should be, if I try at all. Once perfect, now like a sleeping bag with too much time spent in a stuff sack. You'd be pissed, too.

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry man, I was messing around in Illustrator last night. I've noticed that my skills are slipping because I haven't used it professionally for so long. I need to keep those keyboard shortcuts fresh. I'll do something with parrots and flowers soon.

For what it's worth, like the logo minus the plaid.

mcsoup

Reaction score
Q 1) What's up with this upper 3rd button? Is that a men's sport jacket thing or is this somehow a lady's coat? haha

Q 2) The upper left corner of the J. Press label is unraveled. I have sewing experience - I'm wondering if I should fix it or if it's better to just leave it unraveled (to sell it).

DSC02342.JPG DSC02337.JPG DSC02345.JPG

mrFurly

Reaction score

freehand

Reaction score
That actually IS an interesting thread for true clothing nerds. Those guys really could argue about anything.

mcsoup

Reaction score
Thoughts on repairing the label that is becoming unraveled? I would think most men would appreciate it being neatly repaired... But I don't know, maybe that devalues it even more?
suitq.JPG

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright so let's talk photography lighting.

I'm going to be looking for new lighting sometime soon and am searching for recommendations from people who also do clothing photography. I currently am using cheapo eBay CFL "softbox" style continuous lighting. They've produced acceptable or even above average lighting for my purposes, but are starting to get on my nerves as far as reliability and upkeep cost for the bulbs. I've seen some new LED panel continuous lights that look economical, anyone use those?

I've seen several sellers/thrifters in the thrift thread post some great photos with really nice lighting. I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to say what style/type/brand of lighting they use, or even go so far as to post a pic of their setup?

*I'll say that this is NOT a camera question. Solely a lighting question and I'd like to have good quality lighting as a base foundation before I start thinking about camera upgrades.*

Cheers :cheers:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright so let's talk photography lighting.

I'm going to be looking for new lighting sometime soon and am searching for recommendations from people who also do clothing photography. I currently am using cheapo eBay CFL "softbox" style continuous lighting. They've produced acceptable or even above average lighting for my purposes, but are starting to get on my nerves as far as reliability and upkeep cost for the bulbs. I've seen some new LED panel continuous lights that look economical, anyone use those?

I've seen several sellers/thrifters in the thrift thread post some great photos with really nice lighting. I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to say what style/type/brand of lighting they use, or even go so far as to post a pic of their setup?

*I'll say that this is NOT a camera question. Solely a lighting question and I'd like to have good quality lighting as a base foundation before I start thinking about camera upgrades.*

Cheers :cheers:

I use two Genaray SpectroLED 14 lights and one of the SpectroLED 9 (a smaller one which is basically a fill light from above to even out the shadows).

It's not a perfect system, but does a decent job. I need a better background...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/850293-REG/Genaray_SP_AD75_Spectroled_75w_AC_DC.html

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads