• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFHansen

Reaction score
I’ve had far more sales in the past few weeks than any other time this year. I only have 436 active listings right now, but I’m averaging about 40 sales and about $1000 per week.

#Metoo. October and November were my best months so far, and I was expecting Black Friday sales to cut into mine, but that didn't seem to happen. Then, a steep drop-off since December 1st.

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see. I wasn't aware you can do auction + best offer.
Truthfully, I don't get why they do that
Every once in a while I'll take a gamble on an auction, but will start it at a decent price so that I'll be happy if I get one bid (ie. Start a shirt at $16.99)

I don't want somebody to offer me $9 for a shirt that I'm starting at $17 (with hopes that it goes up)

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question on eBay return policies.

Sold a coat to a buyer who requested a return. Love the coat, she wrote in her request to return--that's a quote--but doesn't fit. I declined the return. Now, she's threatening to open a case, claiming that the coat has an odor. What should I do?

mrFurly

Reaction score
Question on eBay return policies.

Sold a coat to a buyer who requested a return. Love the coat, she wrote in her request to return--that's a quote--but doesn't fit. I declined the return. Now, she's threatening to open a case, claiming that the coat has an odor. What should I do?
I just take returns...not worth the fight imo.

Do you not offer returns?
Thats a hard road to travel selling to women.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just take returns...not worth the fight imo.

Do you not offer returns?
Thats a hard road to travel selling to women.

Amen, brother, and lesson learned. Almost never go for chick stuff, but the piece was too cool to resist--Hugo Boss cashmere coat in deep chocolate with sheared beaver (I'm a sucker for sheared beaver) collar. My sense is, I'll have to take it back.

I don't take returns because I ain't Warby Parker or Amazon--I don't want to hassle with folks who order stuff on the notion that sending it back is no big deal. Perhaps I should re-assess. Then again, I get maybe one request for a return out of 100 sales, and it's usually because I missed something, in which case they get no argument and a profuse apology.

What's a ham 'n egger to do?

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Doesn't Fit" is a buyer's remorse return. She has to pay return shipping
I would accept it before she opens a bs SNAD claim and you have to pay for return shipping

Yes, that's what I did this morning, thanks to guidance from folks here. And you're absolutely right--no way that coat had an odor, other than the smell of sheared beaver, which...

Oh, never mind. But, yes, I think I'm getting screwed.

I was silent on subject of who pays for shipping. If she whines about that, I'm guessing I'm stuck, but will cross that bridge when and if it arrives. Hopefully, she'll have enough sense to send it standard, because any other way will cost. OTOH, who knows? I once reluctantly took a return only to resell the item for more money.

Thanks again for the help, folks.

goatamous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was silent on subject of who pays for shipping. If she whines about that, I'm guessing I'm stuck, but will cross that bridge when and if it arrives. Hopefully, she'll have enough sense to send it standard, because any other way will cost. OTOH, who knows? I once reluctantly took a return only to resell the item for more money.

Ebay will instruct her that she pays return shipping if the reason she chooses is "doesn't fit"
You're one step ahead having a message from her saying it doesn't fit. I wouldn't hesitate to get ebay involved if it turns into something other than buyers remorse

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ebay will instruct her that she pays return shipping if the reason she chooses is "doesn't fit"
You're one step ahead having a message from her saying it doesn't fit. I wouldn't hesitate to get ebay involved if it turns into something other than buyers remorse

Yeah, I was figuring I was already in the clear given her first message, and so I'm glad I checked here before telling her to shove it. Unfortunately, she's given two reasons, the first of which seems most believable, given that the second is horse pucky.

mrFurly

Reaction score
any advice on getting this marker off?
I tried rubbing alcohol...didnt work that great though.

Thinking of just throwing a sticker on top...or completely blacking it out.

IMG_0685.jpeg

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any advice on getting this marker off?
I tried rubbing alcohol...didnt work that great though.

Thinking of just throwing a sticker on top...or completely blacking it out.

View attachment 1088355

This doesn't work on every material but it's worth a try. Take a dry-erase marker and color over the markings and then quickly wipe them off. I don't know how it works but the fresh marker breaks up permanent marker and makes it so you can wipe it away. Test it on a very small area first obviously.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads