• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used or integrated Shippo into their eBay store/sales? Verdict?
I don't do a high enough volume to deliver a verdict but for the handful of things I've sold since Shippo came out in Canada I've noticed the discount on Canada Post labels has been either the same as PayPal or slightly better. I also like the interface better than PayPal's but for now I'll still be checking the rates through both services and going with the cheaper option.

That being said, you're in Markham where at least two businesses offer USPS forwarding (ChitChats and StallionExpress) for a much better price than you can get shipping through any Canada Post service. They may be worth looking at instead if you haven't already considered them.

burgerkong

Reaction score
I don't do a high enough volume to deliver a verdict but for the handful of things I've sold since Shippo came out in Canada I've noticed the discount on Canada Post labels has been either the same as PayPal or slightly better. I also like the interface better than PayPal's but for now I'll still be checking the rates through both services and going with the cheaper option.

That being said, you're in Markham where at least two businesses offer USPS forwarding (ChitChats and StallionExpress) for a much better price than you can get shipping through any Canada Post service. They may be worth looking at instead if you haven't already considered them.

Yep, I know of the two. I use Stallion extensively for USPS since it's cheaper than ChitChats per package. Shippo gave me a similar rate for a 12" x 12" x 5" package that weighs 2KG as Stallion and Chitchats, and dropping it off at Canada Post was more convenient, hence I gave Shippo a try.

Interface is nice, but refunds on unused or void labels are returned as shipping credit, not to the card used which does suck, since eBay returns

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My sales may be way down (being a stay at home dad takes a lot of time!) these last couple of months, but I'm happy to see all the right numbers in this report.

Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 1.30.57 PM.png

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was looking at a pair of cheap J. Crew shorts that were listed BIN for $14.99. Asked the seller a question to be sure I knew they were the same model I already had. S/he confirmed it, so I went to buy...and the sneaky punk had upped the price to $17.99 in the meantime, just because they knew I was interested.
:censored:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking at a pair of cheap J. Crew shorts that were listed BIN for $14.99. Asked the seller a question to be sure I knew they were the same model I already had. S/he confirmed it, so I went to buy...and the sneaky punk had upped the price to $17.99 in the meantime, just because they knew I was interested.
:censored:

I, and someone else, were buying up old Patagonia catalogs. The seller raised the price on the remaining ones four times higher. I know how you feel...

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Getting a bit annoyed trying to research what lighting I should get for my clothes. Not really finding a website that does a great job at reviewing these things. Essentially I've got a wall in my shipping / storing room where I'm free to leave a mannequin up, backdrop, and some lighting. I went to a local shop and they recommended a Savage portrait LED kit ($259). Did some reading and they seem to be OK, but I think they look sort of cheap. And here's the deal, I don't care about them being easy to pack up etc etc. My lighting setup is going to be in my room and only my room. So I was wondering if there's better alternatives where I can get better lighting and less portability, I don't mind spending $400-500 on lighting, though around $300 would be cool.

From my research I probably don't want to go with strobes since I have never operated a DSLR and don't think I'd be able to properly manage strobes, so I think thats out of my league and probably price range. From what I can tell just really bright LEDs with quality stands would be good.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting a bit annoyed trying to research what lighting I should get for my clothes. Not really finding a website that does a great job at reviewing these things. Essentially I've got a wall in my shipping / storing room where I'm free to leave a mannequin up, backdrop, and some lighting. I went to a local shop and they recommended a Savage portrait LED kit ($259). Did some reading and they seem to be OK, but I think they look sort of cheap. And here's the deal, I don't care about them being easy to pack up etc etc. My lighting setup is going to be in my room and only my room. So I was wondering if there's better alternatives where I can get better lighting and less portability, I don't mind spending $400-500 on lighting, though around $300 would be cool.

From my research I probably don't want to go with strobes since I have never operated a DSLR and don't think I'd be able to properly manage strobes, so I think thats out of my league and probably price range. From what I can tell just really bright LEDs with quality stands would be good.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Here's what I use. I have a third smaller (Spectro LED 9) light as well. They are excellent for the price. If your camera allows setting white balance to color temperature, that will be an easy setup.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/909230-REG

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here's what I use. I have a third smaller (Spectro LED 9) light as well. They are excellent for the price. If your camera allows setting white balance to color temperature, that will be an easy setup.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/909230-REG

The link isn't working for me. i haven't gotten a camera yet, thinking like a $300 DSLR with a kit lense, so i think that will allow me to set white balance to color temp.

eddiegreen

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm fairly new to the eBay game and have fairly low volume listings so I almost never go over the 50 free listings that eBay gives each month. Would there be any benefit to upgrading to a store subscription?

^ I'd also like to know this too as I've gone way past my 50 listing allowance this month.
I have been getting more double(combined) sales since having a shop because it's much easier for buyers to find your other items by clicking on your categories next to the description in your listings

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any Garagesale users having trouble right now? I just get the "generating previewa' notification, but my listing templates won't actually load. What the hell?

EDIT: I refreshed my token and it's working again.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads