• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey guys, anyone do their ebay stuff on an Ipad? I'm considering purchasing one of the new Ipad Pro's. And maybe selling my MacBook Pro.

I have a pro and would never try to manage this business from it. In fact, I prefer doing my listings with a 27" monitor, 2nd screen with photos up as I'm typing the listings.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As in are they real or fake? Real.

I'd want to see the inside to be certain but the soles look correct and I've never seen the fakes get all that close on that detail.

Yeah, lots of details that say real. My wife was with me and said "they're ugly enough to be real".

I typically leave, but was looking at a 4 hour drive home so bought them with the risk of them being fake and re-donating.

thanks for your answer.

piyi

Reaction score

Hey all, I hope everyone's selling is going well. I hopped on ebay in the last day or two to clear out some of my shoes/ties that I do not wear and as I was listing I found it odd that item specifics were no longer an option in the quick listing tool. I tried the advanced listing tool but it doesn't have the "similar sold items" link which is a time saver, and I am struggling to pull a decent sized photo link from the uploaded photos to embed into my listing. In short, is there a way to add item specifics to the quick listing tool? I know they used to be there...Here's what my quick listing tool looks like:
I had this happen to me. It would not let me list my item without adding specifics, but they were not there. I had to refresh the page, sometimes several trys, to get them to come up.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone use the restocking fee? If someone buys something and returns it for not fitting, if you charge a restocking fee can they leave negative feedback?

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone use the restocking fee? If someone buys something and returns it for not fitting, if you charge a restocking fee can they leave negative feedback?
I have a restocking fee and charge it probably 30-40% of the time. Never had someone leave negative/neutral after I charged it that I can remember, but I believe that they could.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I always charge a restocking fee, and have never had a retaliatory negative because of it.

jamesmkeart

Reaction score
So I found some old made in England for gimbels shoes. I can't figure out the heel pattern. The v cleat says fhr.

And is this leather pig skin?

Thanks for any help.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had this happen to me. It would not let me list my item without adding specifics, but they were not there. I had to refresh the page, sometimes several trys, to get them to come up.

Are you still using the basic listing format? If so, you will have to learn to deal with that glitch.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always charge a restocking fee, and have never had a retaliatory negative because of it.

I should add that the largest restocking fee I ever charged was $450 for a bike that was returned. I didn't feel too bad, because the douchenozzle returned it while I was out of town for a month. It was a rather stressful wait to find out for sure that it was returned in the same condition I shipped it in. Fortunately it was, and I later sold the bike to a local buyer.

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am a very lenient seller. I will ship First Class International all over the world with a few exceptions. However, there is only one country in the world that is blocked from bidding on my items. Yep, you guessed it... China. I shipped three things over there in my early days of selling. Two were "lost" and one was received "heavily damaged and unusable". I don't have time for that ****. 

So that person that was interested in the LP vest had their friend (another eBayer whose PayPal address is in CA) buy it for them - and they paid immediately. Should be safe to ship to them in California, right? Looks like it might be a freight forwarding service...

However, when I log into my PayPal account it say's the balance is pending (with a transaction type of "Express Checkout Payment Received") and provides the following message that I haven't seen before:

"Payments you receive from buyers will be held in your pending balance below. This money will be moved to your available balance and released to you in 21 days (as long as there are no problems with your orders). Learn more about your Funds availability details.

Tip: To get your money released in 7-14 days, ship your order quickly and mark it as processed by clicking Details below."

Am I safe to ship it out? Anxious as this would be my largest individual/single sale to date. Thanks in advance gents!

Last edited:

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So that person that was interested in the LP vest had their friend (another eBayer whose PayPal address is in CA) buy it for them - and they paid immediately. Should be safe to ship to them in California, right? Looks like it might be a freight forwarding service...

However, when I log into my PayPal account it say's the balance is pending (with a transaction type of "Express Checkout Payment Received") and provides the following message that I haven't seen before:

"Payments you receive from buyers will be held in your pending balance below. This money will be moved to your available balance and released to you in 21 days (as long as there are no problems with your orders). Learn more about your Funds availability details.

Tip: To get your money released in 7-14 days, ship your order quickly and mark it as processed by clicking Details below."

Am I safe to ship it out? Anxious as this would be my largest individual/single sale to date. Thanks in advance gents!
ship it as normal. Your account is on restrictions for payments. They usually do that for being new sellers or under standard. They are basically wanting the buyer to receive it before you can collect on the funds. You could ask for an account review to lift it.once it reaches California your good.

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ship it as normal. Your account is on restrictions for payments. They usually do that for being new sellers or under standard. They are basically wanting the buyer to receive it before you can collect on the funds. You could ask for an account review to lift it.once it reaches California your good.

Thanks for the info! Seems odd though, seeing as I've broken the 1099 threshold already for the year - not sure why they'd decide to hold back $2k now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads