• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rhz5001

Reaction score
I'm 'special' jk but I get a high volume/top rated power sell rep directly without needing to ask for one. Ebay has a system where if your account is flagged (in a good way) and you call in with the phone number on the account it auto bumps you to them. There is a small team (I get the same basic people over and over as they remember my picture style/username) and I speak to them 1-2 times a week for various things.

If there is a tag size listed and pictured the measurements should not matter. Make sure you have a disclaimer on the listing that it's 'sold per the tag size, measurements are only a guide" or something like that. As soon as the person says it does not fit (and there is a tag size listed and pictured) from my experience it's an open and close case for buyer remorse, I've never lost one.

Its a little more tricky when you have no tag size and only measurements (which is rare) but I've been able to win those cases as well but am more likely to work with a buyer on a return if I feel it might be partially my fault (doubtfull
I have had size tags listed and still have not won one of those cases. These cases are very simple, similar to the OP's issue. I am definitely doing something wrong, because I lose some rudimentary BS cases. What is the requirement for "high volume/top rated"? I would think I have the volume, and the Top Rated hopefully at the end of the month. I think the big advantage you have is talking to the same people over and over. I talk to one person and then make a change then the next person says it's wrong and I should do it another way. Very frustrating.

Have you had any defects removed yet? I have been told by one rep that they are able to remove, and the next rep tell me they can't.

I have two defects that in my mind are incorrect. One the buyer literally wrote in the case description that he did not mean to open the case and the item is described properly, and another where the buyer stated he is trying to return not to open a case.

This will be my next action!
boxing[1].gif

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...d-feedback-apologizes-but-has-done-it-before/

Anyway thanks for the tips either way!

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

including any inport duty[/B]"! How are you suppose to know what his country is going to charge him for import taxes. 

This is what I was confused about. I don't know how I'm supposed to know those costs. It doesn't sound like he wants to go outside of eBay (IMO).

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever feel like we're arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin when we try to figure out how eBay will react to something?

Melbush

Reaction score
To note, I've had ebay reps tell me to do exactly that when there has been issues generating invoices after refunds with the wrong shipping address. Ebay & paypal are one company right now still so if he bought the item on ebay you can go into paypal and make an invoice, put in the ebay item # where there is a spot and send the invoice that way. Then go back to ebay and mark it as paid when it is paid, ship the item, update ebay and paypal with the tracking info etc.

The issue I have is he is asking "including any inport duty"! How are you suppose to know what his country is going to charge him for import taxes.
Actually I'm from Belgium and I have bought stuff from US sellers and got it shipped to Europe and I do remember paying duties and taxes immediately when I checked out a couple of times.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would you ever do that given all the stuff you seem to find at thrifts! Go back and clear them out again!
No, I am including going back to the thrifts, but I just bought these:

<$200 with my extra 30% Gilt code, but not by much.

LP fabric only, made by Martin Greenfield.
ORLY? Should've known that, I have had a couple BBGFs made by them.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are talking about, Global Shipping has been a saving grace being a seller. Customs in some countries are completely unorganized and you can't deal with them because they can't speak english and there is no way to track your package unless you go priority, which will can cost the buyer more. I lost $1,000 worth of merchandise in a week shipping to Eastern Europe because the buyers said they never received the items, and without priority international tracking, you only get a customs number that confirms shipment but not receipt. These buyers filed claims and even though I provided shipping receipts that showed the items were dropped off at the Post Office and were shipped, to prove I shipped the items, eBay ruled in their favor so not only was I out that money, I was out my products and the money I spent on the goods in the first place. One of the buyers even had the audacity to leave me positive feedback, as if stealing my merchandise wasn't enough. Ill take Global Shipping any day of the week. It hasn't affected my sales at all. When people inquire about other methods I deter them buy telling them shipping priority will be more and then they just concede to the Global Shipping price. It's one of the few policies eBay has implemented that is actually legit. Now all the responsibility is in eBays hands once I send it to their shipping center, takes away all concern and brings peace of mind when it comes to international sales

Edit: Also some people will see that their package has arrived in their country but see that there are additional fees (tariffs, customs or whatever) and just decide they don't want to pay them and leave it at customs, who may or may not return the item to you, usually the latter.

I'm way late in the debate and sorry about that. I don't really know about problems with shipping to any countries as I never had any (even to Brazil) and I'm sure I will have some one day but we don't have the GSP up here.

I just wanted to say that GSP is a rip-off to Canadians and any person using the GSP will lose customers especially in Canada, that is for sure. You just have to read the ebay forum pages with people waking up at night just to hate this program :D There are much cheaper ways to send stuff here without the GSP, especially for expensive items (GSP charge like double of the actual cost of duties sometimes)...

I buy stuff all the time on eBay and I always ask the people to opt off for a specific item (and they all do it). Most of them are even glad if I propose them to go off eBay (paypal directly for example) and that they will save 10% in fees in exchange for the additional "work" they have to do for me. Win-win.

Last edited:

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm way late in the debate and sorry about that. I don't really know about problems with shipping to any countries as I never had any (even to Brazil) and I'm sure I will have some one day but we don't have the GSP up here.
no offense, but you only have 95 feedback, so not sure if this is valid anecdotal evidence.

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no offense, but you only have 95 feedback, so not sure if this is valid anecdotal evidence.

None taken but it is my personal anecdotal evidence and it doesn't matter if I have 100 or 50000 feedbacks, really. I do more than half of my sales off eBay to short circuit the fees and to please my customers (I deal with them personnaly most of the time) and I have a very LOW feedback rate (I'm pretty sure it has to do with my low cost shipping methods tho
ffffuuuu.gif
). So according to my calculations I still have just 300 sales in 5 months and a shitload of these were made in foreign countries (not including the US obviously). No problem at all

docgerrard

Reaction score
Any suggestions on what brands to look for on ebay for interview suits? Want a navy two button, don't really have a preference about striped vs plain but not sure if striped is appropriate for interviews. Thanks!

EDIT: sorry, my price range would probably be no more than 200-300 so I can get it tailored and ready to go for around 400 (student still :/ )

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads